check Expansion Update

31 Oct 2011 15:03 #13087 by brandonsantacruz

My opinion regarding proxies is and will always be: NO PROXIES. EVER!

Just let me know when you're ready to distribute your Villeins to new/unfortunate players, then. Without proxies, they have to come from other players and not collections that have been sitting in a closet for a long time because the card is too new. Sure, people can buy them on the singles market, but paying highish rare prices for what is now a staple card is not a way to keep someone's interest.

Who does it hurt to make proxies? Card sellers? There are plenty of people who only want to play with the originals, so there will be a market as long as people are willing to invest the time and thought it takes to be decent at this game. I use proxies in casual games, mainly to avoid shifting cards around. This hasn't stopping me from trying to get (more of) those cards.

Someone please explain why there should be no proxies as though you were telling it to a new player because I'd love to hear it.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Oct 2011 16:24 #13089 by Baaliprimogen
Replied by Baaliprimogen on topic Re: Expansion Update

NO PROXIES. EVER!

That's also my opinion :)

I kind of agree. I hate to use proxies. But when the price for certain cards reach 60 us for Enkil Cog, or 20 us for 2x Deep Song. Proxies might not be such a bad idëa. We might get a reduction in the Prices. I know sometime in Magic you sometimes can have a limited number of proxies in you deck. Say in a standard tournament you could use 5 proxies.

:DAI: :MAL: :STR:

More
31 Oct 2011 16:59 #13093 by Dorrinal
Replied by Dorrinal on topic Re: Expansion Update
Proxies should always be allowed at all times. Let tournaments be about the game, and not whether the players have enough money to buy and trade for the decks they want to play.

:trem:

More
31 Oct 2011 17:58 #13105 by SLave
Replied by SLave on topic Re: Expansion Update
Let us not forget that The Eternal Struggle is a Collectible Card Game. Gathering the cards is part of the game. The very fact that one wants to use something should only be considered as craving to obtain it. No reasonable person is using his or her neighbour's Ferrari just because s/he likes the car. To drive Ferrari you need to first buy / lease one. To use Villeins, you need buy them first, or just borrow from friends. However, nobody forces you to do so. It's your very choice. I have none, and use none. Moreover, I have traded away all my Villeins, Ashur Tablets, Unmaskings, and Deep Songs. And, somehow, I still take great pleasure in playing VTES.

More
31 Oct 2011 18:06 #13107 by Brum
Replied by Brum on topic Re: Expansion Update

My opinion regarding proxies is and will always be: NO PROXIES. EVER!

I have a medium quantity of cards, but live in a country where very people have a collection like mine.
One of the reasons I went to Sweden's National Champs (besides enjoying your lovely company, and many others) was to get Nephandus.
Yes, I needed to leave the country to get Nephandus.
I could have traded/bought them online, maybe. But 5 Nephandus in 2 days is pretty impossible here.
I am not a newbie. I'm just unlucky were I got born.
And I thank the Gods of Kobol I have all the other rares and had Ashur Tablets and other stuff to trade for the ones I didn't.

More
31 Oct 2011 18:38 #13109 by Izaak
Replied by Izaak on topic Re: Expansion Update

Proxies should always be allowed at all times. Let tournaments be about the game, and not whether the players have enough money to buy and trade for the decks they want to play.

Because trading and collecting cards would be a bad thing for a Trading Card Game, right?

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds