file Making Aye and Orun Work

03 Nov 2013 09:48 #56157 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: Making Aye and Orun Work

As "land" cards, that prompts the idea that - if you could go back in time and wave a magic wand - you might choose not to make them master cards. Instead, make them work more like Conviction cards.

That actually sounds REALLY good.

Struggle in the Ebony Kingdom Rules Amendments
1. Aye and Orun are placed in a central pile, similar to a Blood Bank. This reserve is technically infinite.

2. Each Methuselah may choose Path of Orun or Path of Aye at the beginning of their game. Laibons controlled by that Methuselah may take a +1 stealth action costing X blood to put X of the corresponding card (Aye if they chose Path of Aye or vice versa) onto the acting vampire and then untap.

3. When a Laibon enters play or a minion becomes Laibon, they may automatically gain an Aye or Orun corresponding to the Path chosen by the Methuselah.

4. When a vampire takes a non-mandatory hunt action, they may reduce the amount of blood gained by 1 and gain 1 Aye or Orun instead as corresponding to the Path chosen by the Methuselah.

5. Any Aye or Orun that are burned are returned to the central pile.

I would prefer a more simple errata/new rule. Something like:

During your untap phase, you may search your hand, library of ash heap for a Aye or Orun card to play on each of your Laibon.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Nov 2013 10:09 #56158 by Squidalot

During your untap phase, you may search your hand, library of ash heap for a Aye or Orun card to play on each of your Laibon.

i'm not sure if i'd want 3 AYE to hit the table this quickly on multiple minions...

More
03 Nov 2013 11:16 #56159 by Juggernaut1981

I'd be wary of that. It's not a bad thing to make Aye/Orun easier to get or even easier to get in multiple... but I don't think I'd want them to be Convictions not without a complete rewrite of their own text. The idea behind those rules is to maybe have something that could be tested in a storyline type format. Maybe the action costing X blood sees the most use. Maybe the elective hunt for Aye/Orun works better, maybe the free-one when you influence out Laibon or make your guys Laibon.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
03 Nov 2013 12:29 #56166 by jamesatzephyr

It's not a bad thing to make Aye/Orun easier to get or even easier to get in multiple... but I don't think I'd want them to be Convictions not without a complete rewrite of their own text.

Yes, in the parallel universe where Aye and Orun were Conviction cards, and Aye/Orun-using cards triggered off the amount you had, or required a certain amount etc., you'd need to carefully rewrite a variety of cards. The Aye and Orun themselves, maybe not so much - a Wake (Aye) and a vote (Orun) aren't too bad, really.

Where the problems would probably occur would be with - say - Brutal Influence and Exile, which would be significantly more powerful than they are now.

More
03 Nov 2013 15:30 - 03 Nov 2013 15:31 #56174 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: Making Aye and Orun Work

i'm not sure if i'd want 3 AYE to hit the table this quickly on multiple minions...

OK. Say 1 card only then? Or is that too weak? My point was that I don´t want a new rule to be 20 paragraphs long. And I don´t like errata. I also like rules that look like other rules :) (in this case the imbued-thing)

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."
Last edit: 03 Nov 2013 15:31 by Ashur.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Squidalot

More
03 Nov 2013 18:19 #56180 by Boris The Blade

It deserves to be tested at least. Laibon are not Imbued: they don't have permanent powers so they still need to play cards. Even with such a fetching mechanism, there are still serous cardflow issues to keep it balanced.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juggernaut1981

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds