file Making Aye and Orun Work

04 Nov 2013 10:29 #56211 by Juggernaut1981
Wesile: I like it, but I don't think it alone is a complete answer. But it's a nice modification.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Nov 2013 14:17 #56219 by jamesatzephyr

Requires a ready Laibon. Choose a Laibon you control. If this Laibon was moved to your ready region during your last influence phase, then for every two capacity above 4 this Laibon has, you may move one Aye and one Orun from your hand or library (or ash heap) to this Laibon. Otherwise, you may move one Aye or one Orun from your hand or library (or ash heap) to this Laibon. Shuffle afterward.

I fear this would still fall prey to the common problem of cards that are awesome if they turn up in the first 15-20 cards of your deck, and when you're still drawing them at the other end of the game, you're punching yourself in the face wishing it was a Villein or a Pentex Subversion or something. But to get it at the start of the game semi-reliably, you need enough in your deck that that would happen a fair bit.

Of course, the original Static Virtue's timing restriction is even harsher. Still, it could be worse, it could be Proxy Kissed. Legendary Vampire does better here by being quite awesome, and more of a boost than an enabler so usable in smaller numbers, and commonly found in decks that generate a reasonable amount of pool.

More
04 Nov 2013 14:33 #56220 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Making Aye and Orun Work
Name: Antistatic Virtue
Cardtype: Master
Master. Trifle.
Put this card on a ready Laibon. During your untap phase, you can add 1 counter on an Aye or Virtue on this Laibon. You can burn 1 counter on an Aye (resp. Orun) card on this Laibon instead of tapping an Aye (resp. Orun) to pay costs.

Anyway, Orun and Aye suck. I doubt there's much to save.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
04 Nov 2013 14:46 #56221 by ReverendRevolver
Just looked over orun/aye cards, because o couldnt remember what aye did.
And as it turns out, nothing useful.

Vtes has had a long standing issue with stuff thats crazy in the rpg being useless ifcit makes you seem human. What i mean by that is the grandest trick sucks and never hasnt sucked. Aye shows connection to the human world, orun to the supernatural, and thusly, aye got boned in vtes. It helps devil channel feet and savannah runner do an untap. I think jua vema has a neat clause for tapping an aye as well, and if it wasnt so damn useless as just combat, (if it was a modifier at superior) it would enable laibon FoW decks. But, you need a laibon with aye and superior protean and fortitude, and must get blocked to play ot and form of mist, so its pretty useless.

Pallid cant touch yiu with an aye, but ive never looked at that card outside of draft. Mundane, however, i run as a DI in casual decks sometimes.

So, the only reason to run aye is stacking 3 alomgside 3 orun to gain a minor effect from a unique master. Or to waste card slots and mpas to set up a strong hunt turn with a once per game carnival. Yay.

Aye needs better crap. Like a block fails for weenies and allies of some sort. Or maybe that stealth bonus for hunting present on some aye cards could be innate, like +1 stealth on hunt actions for every 2 aye.

Now, for the getting orun and aye on vamps, what if we stop viewing the physical orun/aye cards as the only way to get them? Why not add a way to just churn out orun/aye as counters from a permanent? Or even(less optimally) a permanent like lilliths blessing that allows a laibon to gain a counter only used by that card(ii doeant matter...) but in this case, it gives a counter representing 3 orun(or aye, i suppose) and disallows another counter like it going onto the minion?

I like the static virtue modification. Some. It could go on an uncontrolled laibon for all i care. The mechanic sucks, and im amazed this many people care about orun/aye.
It would enable more decks to erratta almost playable stuff.

But, if we are going to errata cards for orun and aye, why not make them less than a trife. You play it, and it doesnt even count as your trifle if its the fisrt one you play.

Or, even better make it like dagger:

If this (orun/aye) was played frm your hand to this vampire, you may search your hand, ash heap,,or library for another copy of the same card and place it on this minion as well.

Thusly, we
1. dont have to make cards to support orunaye fetching
2. Let several leqve yoir deck at once(4 during a normal master phase, i suppose double for Nana,,but i think mmpa rules,for trifles need changed anyway)
3. Allow you to use either "requires a laibon with 3+" vareity you want with one mpa of setup.

Anyone who thinks its too broken and can be convincing with it could chamge it to only one orunaye per turn does it, but since only brutal influence, exile, and cesawayo matter, im not sure.

Darby is the only player whos made me think orun is even playable. Nobody has made me see aye as more than a good proxy card yet.

More
04 Nov 2013 14:47 #56222 by FrançoisV

Static Virtue
Master.
Requires a ready Laibon. Choose a Laibon you control. If this Laibon was moved to your ready region during your last influence phase, then for every two capacity above 4 this Laibon has, you may move one Aye and one Orun from your hand or library to this Laibon. Otherwise, you may move one Aye or one Orun from your hand or library to this Laibon. Shuffle afterward.

Instead of complicating stuff why don't you just change this card to:

Requires a ready Laibon. Choose a Laibon you control. If this Laibon was moved to your ready region during your last influence phase, then for every two capacity above 4 this Laibon has, you may move one Aye and one Orun from your hand or library (or ash heap) to this Laibon. Otherwise, you may move one Aye or one Orun from your hand or library (or ash heap) to this Laibon. Shuffle afterward.

I would even go :

Requires a ready Laibon. Choose a Laibon you control. If this Laibon was moved to your ready region during your last influence phase, then for every two capacity above 4 this Laibon has, you may move one Aye or one Orun from your hand or library (or ash heap) to this Laibon. Otherwise, you may move one Aye or one Orun from your hand or library (or ash heap) to this Laibon. Shuffle afterward.

Because you rarely want to play both Aye and Orun in the same deck.

Also, I would remove the silly burn clauses no one ever remembers on Aye and Orun (those that are not capacity related).
The following user(s) said Thank You: wesile

More
04 Nov 2013 23:45 #56252 by Juggernaut1981

Requires a ready Laibon. Choose a Laibon you control. If this Laibon was moved to your ready region during your last influence phase, then for every two capacity above 4 this Laibon has, you may move one Aye or one Orun from your hand or library (or ash heap) to this Laibon. Otherwise, you may move one Aye or one Orun from your hand or library (or ash heap) to this Laibon. Shuffle afterward.

Because you rarely want to play both Aye and Orun in the same deck.

Also, I would remove the silly burn clauses no one ever remembers on Aye and Orun (those that are not capacity related).

There is still quite a bit of redundant text on that.

Static Virtue
Master
Choose a Laibon you control and for every capacity above 4 this Laibon has, you may move 1 Aye or 1 Orun from your hand, ash heap or library to that Laibon. Shuffle afterward if your library was searched.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418
The following user(s) said Thank You: wesile

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds