file [Card ban idea] List

12 Jul 2018 20:27 #88803 by DJHedgehog
Replied by DJHedgehog on topic [Card ban idea] List

It was scrapped soon though. It was a nice idea, but didn't work. A restricted + banned list was implemented soon afterwards.

It was a cute system, and I enjoyed it at the time, but for dual games like A:NR restricted seemed to work better, ultimately.

Most wanted list, in the format he discussed, lasted for almost 2 years. They kept making stupid cards, and they changed designers, which I think is what led to the need of a restricted/banned list.

I think the restricted list makes the most sense for VTES. Create a pool of cards, players can only use one card from the pool of cards to use in any quantity they choose.

But definitely ban Pentex :P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jul 2018 07:15 #88811 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic [Card ban idea] List

Would you say that the sells weren't okay though? I'm still living in the assumption that it wasn't exactly the sales that got the game plugged, but a corp choice.

Don't know about the size of the printruns.

Speaking from my own perspective only, compared to what Jyhad sold back in the day, the WW releases, especially the latter part, sold so much less. Then again, the overall situation had changed so very much, Jyhad was among the first CCGs so the whole thing was still new and people anxiously wanted to give new CCGs a try so they'd be immediately on board right from the start. Plus the game was designed by Garfield and WotC boosting the sales based on the performance of MtG. Fast forward some 10-15 years and everything has changed.

My educated guess is that the WW sales had become too small to justify coughing up cash for WotC to renew the license.

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vlad

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
15 Jul 2018 16:51 #88843 by Charles_Bronson
I find amusing how people ask to ban strong cards in game, and leave broken cards and strategies untouched.

Want a example? Imagine that you are a new player. This is your first tourneament game. Your prey is a mata hari/una freak deck. Your predator is a Turbo deck. One of your cross tables play a baltimore's purge deck. The other, is having fun with a first tradition or maybe a malkavian reversal of fortunes deck.

What would be your impressions of the game? And please, do not make the argument of "few people play with those decks". All of them are broken, unfun and just as disruptive as old kindred reestructure or the old anarch revolt deck.

Have fun.

I am death.
Paul Kersey, Death Wish
:vent::THA::QUI::FOR::dom::obf::cap9:

More
15 Jul 2018 17:37 #88844 by Lech
Replied by Lech on topic [Card ban idea] List
Una is the problem card, not freak drive. First fortitude card each turn cost her -1 blood would be fine replacement for her special.

All those decks are even not that strong, granted they are not fun to play against, but so are rush forward and backward tupdogs.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
15 Jul 2018 18:25 - 15 Jul 2018 18:27 #88845 by Cat_in_Exile
Replied by Cat_in_Exile on topic [Card ban idea] List
Pentex should not be banned. It's sometimes the only thing that can stop a superstar vampire deck, and if you ban it, all sorts of new imbalances will show up.

I think the people who want it banned are being short-sighted.
Last edit: 15 Jul 2018 18:27 by Cat_in_Exile.

More
15 Jul 2018 20:40 #88847 by LivesByProxy
Replied by LivesByProxy on topic [Card ban idea] List
I think Pentex Subversion would be more acceptable / "fair" if it was an Action that your minions took. Same goes for Brainwash. I find it funny that in a game where literal mind-control :DOM: is a big part of the lore and theme, that the card called Brainwash doesn't require that ability. Pentex Subversion should probably be :DOM: :OBF: (or :OBF: at the very least.)

But as other have stated, *Breaking News!* Master cards are powerful.

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds