file [Card ban idea] List

16 Jul 2018 05:38 #88853 by Lech
Replied by Lech on topic [Card ban idea] List

Pentex should not be banned. It's sometimes the only thing that can stop a superstar vampire deck, and if you ban it, all sorts of new imbalances will show up.

I think the people who want it banned are being short-sighted.

I think people who are not able to understand that Pentex is bad for game health are short-sighted.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jul 2018 10:54 #88857 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic [Card ban idea] List

I think Pentex Subversion would be more acceptable / "fair" if it was an Action that your minions took.

LOL.
Would remove the usability in most decks.

No need to, once again, discuss about the removal of a card that stops timeouts and resolves tables.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
16 Jul 2018 11:29 #88859 by Lech
Replied by Lech on topic [Card ban idea] List
Why not discuss some other card that stop timeouts and resolve tables and is actually fair?

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
16 Jul 2018 11:58 #88861 by TwoRazorReign
Replied by TwoRazorReign on topic [Card ban idea] List

Why not discuss some other card that stop timeouts and resolve tables and is actually fair?

You had previously been arguing that Pentex is overpowered and thus unhealthy. But this "unfair" claim is new. Pentex costs a master phase action and 2 pool, can be removed, and can be contested. The effect is certainly strong, and I will not/cannot speak to how unhealthy the strength of the effect is at the tournament level. But how is the card unfair?

More
16 Jul 2018 11:59 #88862 by TwoRazorReign
Replied by TwoRazorReign on topic [Card ban idea] List

I think Pentex Subversion would be more acceptable / "fair" if it was an Action that your minions took.

This already exists (Sensory Deprivation).

More
16 Jul 2018 12:27 #88863 by DJHedgehog
Replied by DJHedgehog on topic [Card ban idea] List

This already exists (Sensory Deprivation).

And we can all agree the amount of Sense-dep that we see at any level of the game is infinitely smaller than the amount of Pentex Subversion.

Large capacity vampires, generally speaking, are bad. They cost a lot, take lots of time to enter the game, and often just have extra disciplines to make up for the cost that don't get used. Sure there are stand-outs, and maybe Pentex exists to deal with Enkidu or Una. Overall, Pentex means that playing any large capacity vampire is very risky.

The counter play is to play small-mid range vamps or to play 1-2 copies of Pentex to contest.I don't like this by design: a card that becomes an "auto-include" takes all of the decision making out of building a deck. Similarly, if you're playing Dominate you don't make a decision between scouting and govern, you will just play govern. You don't make a decision between redirection and deflection, you play deflection. The cards are objectively better.

I'm still wondering why you're (TwoRazorReign) so adamant to argue on this thread. You've already stated that you aren't interested in playing competitively. If anything changed it would be in the competitive environment. You have no reason to argue except to be contrary.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lech

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds