lightbulb Crypt card redesign

18 Sep 2016 10:45 #78360 by BenPeal
Replied by BenPeal on topic Crypt card redesign

It's nitpicking because you are willing to sacrifice clarity in order to gain few centimeters for potential abilities.

Perhaps you consider an entire line of text to be a trivial amount of space. I do not.

As for clarity, again, that space can also be used to increase the font size. Readibility aids in clarity.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Sep 2016 10:56 #78361 by BenPeal

Flight does not work like a Discipline. When a vampire plays Soar while Blood Weakens is in play, the Methuselah does have to wait to replace that cards. As a game component, Flight is closer to Black Hand than it is to any Disciplines.

I completely agree. If we're not going to have an icon for Black Hand (required for 28 cards), then we shouldn't have one for Flight (required for 9 cards). They are merely keywords (or traits, as I've chosen to define them).

The fact that "icon work" is, in my opinion, subject to discussion. Since we drag some of those for 15 years, I think that we (the "used player") mistake habits and effectiveness.

Also, even if those icon works according to the majority of the user expressing their opinion on this topic, it does not mean that we cannot find a solution that work better. B)

Also agreed.

More
18 Sep 2016 18:03 #78367 by 666Raziel
Replied by 666Raziel on topic Crypt card redesign

It's nitpicking because you are willing to sacrifice clarity in order to gain few centimeters for potential abilities.

Perhaps you consider an entire line of text to be a trivial amount of space. I do not.

As for clarity, again, that space can also be used to increase the font size. Readibility aids in clarity.

I don't consider an entire line of text trivial.
But :
1) I don't think that the pattern I recommend waste an entire line. Sure, there's a line break. But since the global text box is longer, I don't think it will really matter.
2) The new card text is already more readable than it use to be. Give it a break and let it breath ! I know that we are all getting old and that our eyes may not be as good as they use to be. But so far, except maybe for Sonja Blue, I haven't seen any complaints about vampire being unreadable (even now when almost every game I play involve bad quality proxy). On the other hand, VTES is not known for being a clear and easy to learn game.

So, yes, this new layout won't allow you to create a Daughter of Cacophony, Camarilla, Black Hand, Infernal, Redlist, Toreador Slave with unusual abilities. But is it really a problem ?
Besides, note that, by removing clan icon from cards, we are saving space on library cards since it's no longer necessary to always add the icon after the name... :P

More
18 Sep 2016 18:37 #78368 by 666Raziel
Replied by 666Raziel on topic Crypt card redesign
Ok, still looking for a solution that could make everyone happy, here is my latest suggestion based on the last thoughts.

I have never been an artist so, please, don't focus on the scale and everything like that.
File Attachment:

The idea is to free the textbox so BenPeal is happy by having plenty space while I still get to have every traits written outside of the minion abilities.
In order to do so, I came back on icon for 2 things that concern every vampire : clan and sect.
I think those icon can hang over the artwork without spoiling it.
What do you think of it ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: brettscho

More
19 Sep 2016 06:59 - 19 Sep 2016 07:01 #78373 by BenPeal

I don't consider an entire line of text trivial.
But :
1) I don't think that the pattern I recommend waste an entire line. Sure, there's a line break. But since the global text box is longer, I don't think it will really matter.

Attachments:
Last edit: 19 Sep 2016 07:01 by BenPeal.

More
19 Sep 2016 07:28 #78374 by BenPeal

So, yes, this new layout won't allow you to create a Daughter of Cacophony, Camarilla, Black Hand, Infernal, Redlist, Toreador Slave with unusual abilities. But is it really a problem ?

Attachments:

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds