lightbulb Crypt card redesign

19 Sep 2016 16:06 #78390 by BenPeal
Replied by BenPeal on topic Crypt card redesign

Besides, the main purpose of the watermark is to fill the textbox when there is no text along with keeping the clan icon somewhere on the crypt card.

The main purpose of the clan icon is to tell you what clan it is!!!!!!

The fact that some of them might be hard to spot is no big deal.

*sob*

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Sep 2016 16:13 #78391 by 666Raziel
Replied by 666Raziel on topic Crypt card redesign

Well, obviously you reached the limit of copy/paste. :P

At this point, I would especially like to see this pattern done by Ke. (If that's ok for him.)
There is still the full line gained by the removal of the clan icon in the sidebar that needs to be considered.
As for the "Advance" trait, we can stick with the icon and place it after (or before ?) the vampire's name.

That said, if this is still wasting too much space for you, there is the Plan B where Clan and Sect are indicated with Icon placed somewhere above the textbox .

More
19 Sep 2016 16:17 #78392 by BenPeal
Replied by BenPeal on topic Crypt card redesign

Hey, at least I didn't use "Cold Iron Vulnerability" for Marconius. ;)

That said, if this is still wasting too much space for you, there is the Plan B where Clan and Sect are indicated with Icon placed somewhere above the textbox .

There is also Plan: Get Rid Of The Black Text Box. :D

More
19 Sep 2016 16:18 #78393 by 666Raziel

Besides, the main purpose of the watermark is to fill the textbox when there is no text along with keeping the clan icon somewhere on the crypt card.

The main purpose of the clan icon is to tell you what clan it is!!!!!!

The fact that some of them might be hard to spot is no big deal.

*sob*

Well, in Ke's layout, this job is done by the sidebar and the first trait (which is the clan's name).

More
19 Sep 2016 16:33 - 19 Sep 2016 16:39 #78394 by 666Raziel

Hey, at least I didn't use "Cold Iron Vulnerability" for Marconius. ;)

Yep, I have to give you credits for that ! ;)

There is also Plan: Get Rid Of The Black Text Box. :D

If you (or anyone else) find an other way to dissociate vampire's traits from their abilities, I would gladly stop to support the black box.
And by dissociation I would like more than just bold/not bold in the same text-block.

Here's how it's done on other game :

Any idea how we can adjust it to VTES ?
Last edit: 19 Sep 2016 16:39 by 666Raziel.

More
19 Sep 2016 16:35 #78395 by self biased
Replied by self biased on topic Crypt card redesign

That's what I want as well. Er, except I'm not sure whether Flight should be simply a trait in the crypt text box with its accompanying symbol, or whether the Flight symbol should go in the attribute bar. Thoughts?

In the V20 edition, flight is an actual discipline. I'd be in favor of making it one and padding out the card text to accommodate.

I remember a conversation we had about striga/maleficia and how there was concern about them being actual disciplines and interaction with effects that steal disciplines. I'd be totally okay with non-discipline traits that otherwise work like disciplines. I think it's a decent design space to explore: Things like status within one's clan and sect that aren't linked to titles could be represented. Icons could be photo negative of disciplines for ease of identification, like flight.

But that being said, Flight probably shouldn't have an icon if it's not going to behave like a discipline.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds