file top ten worst....

03 Jun 2018 00:44 #87861 by Bloodartist
Replied by Bloodartist on topic top ten worst....

Most of the melee weapons but especially: Bastard Sword, Meat Cleaver, & Brass Knuckles, which are all functional reprints. They all cost 1 pool and give a permanent +1 damage on your strikes, which would be OK except that the exchange rate for guns is much more efficient and lets your vampire be safe.

I wouldn't discount melee weapons simply because guns are "safer". Sometimes you may want to stack strength (maybe). However in the case of abovementioned cards, strictly better cards exist: baseball bat and nightstick. Both give +1 str for each strike for same cost of 1 pool, but have additional benefits. Baseball bat unlocks the vampire at the end of turn if equipped, nightstick can also prevent damage.

Anarch expansion multidiscipline cards are also pretty poor, because unlike more modern anarch cards, those cards can be played only for one discipline each. And each individual discipline usage is weak in comparison to normal non-anarch single discipline cards. Cards like: skullduggery, smash and grab, etc.

Finding the path - really? Why would you ever want to play this over common political action cards like kindred resources contested, parity shift, etc?

I'm sure I've seen some incredibly poor card designs, but my selective memory has erased them from my mind... If I come across some I will write to this thread.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

The following user(s) said Thank You: mathusalem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jun 2018 07:35 #87864 by Joscha
Replied by Joscha on topic top ten worst....
Mercy for the Weak - simply hilarious. ;)

Baron of Frankfurt

More
03 Jun 2018 07:44 #87865 by thelonius reloaded
Mummify
Botched move
The 4 hold cards
The +intercept only against diablerie

I'm sure more will come to my mind

Just remember that considering letter from Vienna now is like making a comment of Giant Spider from 4th ed. Mtg :)

Lurking in the underground of Bologna, Italy

More
03 Jun 2018 16:00 - 03 Jun 2018 16:04 #87872 by mathusalem
Replied by mathusalem on topic top ten worst....
well I had some serious doubts about those anarch cards....thanks for confirmig my doubts :-)... off to the bin, they go !
thank you guys for participating. Your input is actually very helpfull. :-)

Giant spider is actually from Alpha beta unlim :-) ... but we see your point, Thelonius, :-)

:tore:
Last edit: 03 Jun 2018 16:04 by mathusalem.

More
03 Jun 2018 18:20 #87877 by DanielScooby
Replied by DanielScooby on topic top ten worst....
Pretty cool post...

Eyes of the Dead is top one worst card for me...

Daniel Abreu
:camarilla::bruj:
:CEL::POT::pre::for::dom::cap8:

VEKN ID - #6010149

"Ab auditione mala non timebit"

More
04 Jun 2018 04:50 #87882 by hollowboy
Replied by hollowboy on topic top ten worst....

The different gangs in VTES: The Knights, The Bruisers, The Slashers, are all pretty useless. They can't bleed, and have limited ability to intercept, maneuver, dodge, strike, and press, because they don't have any disciplines meaning you would have to rely on very weak and limiting discipline-less cards to give them those effects. Basically, getting them to work is too much effort and too costly - you may as well just play actual vampires.

I found the gangs useful (alongside Arms Dealers), as extra weenies in a cheap weapons deck.

e.g. the staple minion might be a 2-cap vampire playing Saturday Night Special + DBR, which costs 1 pool per fight (even if they dodge).

If you splash in some Target Vitals, the gangs can rush too, e.g. The Slashers + Target Vitals only costs 1 pool to deal 9 damage. That's not bad enough for the bottom 10.

I'd say most of the Clan hosers, The Treatment, Phobia and Grand Temple of Set would be worse than the gangs.

- new user, sorry if this is a double post

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds