file top ten worst....

08 Jun 2018 17:10 #88046 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic top ten worst....
Atavism is indeed not that hot a card. But the the Gangrel requirement is a typo.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
21 Jul 2018 00:13 - 21 Jul 2018 00:20 #89128 by Robert Scythe
Replied by Robert Scythe on topic top ten worst....
Before I get into the worst I am going to defend some of these claims of worst. Harrod is not a bad vampire. Any vampire with 4 votes and 3 bleed (less need for vote push and bleed cards) who can stealth and defend with intercept combat is NOT BAD. Tired of people forgetting about intercepting, it's always "multiact/bounce/special abilities that rock". Now he has means of multi-acting (Flurry of Action, Warsaw Station) and can vote push plus access to better ways of intercepting, he is definitely nowhere near a bad card/vampire. The original Independent 11 caps (especially Sutekh who had none of those criteria though he can expensively multi-act now) were worse and Gwendolyn who has even less TWD's but at least she could multi-act, right!?!

I cannot defend Apollonius very well but at least he had +bleed, a good combat special and was one of the few cel/pot/for vamps available. Had a fun retro deck in which he was a useful inclusion. Too bad he was titled, could've been a decent anarch (and should've been an 8 cap). But he came from the same set that included: Dr. Jest (one of my favorite artworks) overcosted with a meh special (who was overshadowed by J. Oswald Ozzy Hyde-White with the same disciplines, 2 more superior, same title and a useful special) and also would have made an even better anarch. Sebastian Marlowe (another great piece of art) who could never find a good place in a deck. Sylvester Simms whose special hurt you as well and was also overcosted. Miranda Sanova, not much to say about her (though she looked like my ex). Plus Zack North and Quinton McDonnell (who could multi-act and do nothing worrisome). I'd take Apollonius over the others, though I wish he didn't look like Axel Rose.

Don't understand how anybody thinks Redirection is a bad card.

Guardian Angel has a heavy price but usually pays out in my experience, he did mean that and not Vigil, correct?

Tired of typing so I'll get into more bad ones later.
Last edit: 21 Jul 2018 00:20 by Robert Scythe.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kraus

More
21 Jul 2018 17:05 #89151 by TryDeflectingThisGrapple

Guard Dury is especially bad because it's very situational, and even when it should work, it doesn't because it grants unnecessary intercept, forbidding you to use it...

Ugh. Guard Duty is terrible because it's so situational, but preventing the effect on 0-stealth actions because it lacks "even it not yet needed" indicates errata for clarity is merited instead of completely wallpapering it by ruling.

If we're going to be that specific in terminology, lets apply that process to this too....

Weighted Walking Stick
Type: Combat
Only usable before range is determined on the first round.
Put this card on this minion and put 5 counters on this card. While in play, this card represents a melee weapon (equipment) that does strength+1 damage each strike. For each point of damage inflicted by this strike (even if prevented), remove a counter from this card. Burn this card when it has no counters. A minion can have only one Weighted Walking Stick.

Since it's "only usable before range is determined on the first round", the card can never be "used" to declare a strike for strength +1 damage after it is attached to a minion.

More
21 Jul 2018 18:12 #89160 by Snodig
Replied by Snodig on topic top ten worst....
Goodnight, Sweet Prince
(cost: 2 pool, requires: Ravnos)

Only usable if you control an unlocked Ravnos.
Lock one of your Ravnos. Burn the top card of the crypt of any Methuselah. If the card burned is a prince, gain 2 pool.

More
21 Jul 2018 18:52 #89163 by Boris The Blade
Replied by Boris The Blade on topic top ten worst....
Good catch. For the low, low cost of 2 pool, a MPA and tapping a vampire, you can have absolutely 0 impact on the game. But hey, once every blue moon, it does not cost you pool! :sick:

More
21 Jul 2018 19:24 #89164 by Snodig
Replied by Snodig on topic top ten worst....

Good catch. For the low, low cost of 2 pool, a MPA and tapping a vampire, you can have absolutely 0 impact on the game. But hey, once every blue moon, it does not cost you pool! :sick:

I can think of one use for this, and that would be with Possession.
Even then, the odds are slim of you having a Prince, and there are easier ways to go about it.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds