file Number of VtES players

28 Aug 2019 12:24 #96607 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Number of VtES players

So generally, as I've said long time ago - all topics here, other than reports about Stanislava winning one more tournament, are about frustration of players with the game failing to fulfill it's potential.

Interesting. What is the potential of VTES?

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Aug 2019 12:57 #96608 by Mewcat
Replied by Mewcat on topic Number of VtES players

So generally, as I've said long time ago - all topics here, other than reports about Stanislava winning one more tournament, are about frustration of players with the game failing to fulfill it's potential.

Interesting. What is the potential of VTES?

It has the potential to be a great game. Life for resources is fantastic, multiplayer can be cool, no deck building restrictions is great. The best game of vtes is a great experience.

Unfortunately the best games rarely occur.

More
28 Aug 2019 15:46 #96611 by Timo
Replied by Timo on topic Number of VtES players
Ok. So you don't like combat deck.

You don't like bleed deck either. And you think Stanislava is too strong.

I guess you don't like weenie vote either (LoP style) and you find MMPA decks annoying and ashurs SHOULD be banned or errated.

So what is a great VtES game for you ? (I mean one that fulfill its potential ! )
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
28 Aug 2019 15:54 #96612 by Mewcat
I think you are mixing me and elotar up a bit.

More
28 Aug 2019 17:04 #96614 by Timo
Replied by Timo on topic Number of VtES players
I spoke mainly to him but yes, I assumed you had similar tastes. My apologize if it is not the case.

But the question still stands : what is for you a great VtES game.

I will answer for myself so we can compare. I like two kinds of VtES games :
- Ones with a beer and some friends (but let's be honest here, I enjoy that even when I am not playing)
- Ones with good players and interesting plays no matter the deck types. I for example remember fondly a final game were the 5 players had some means to bounce bleeds and everybody bled lightly and with great cares for 1h30 and tried to lightly pressure his prey while waiting for an opening. I also found this year EC final quite interesting with everybody remembering who was his prey but also who was an obstacle to their tournament win. And I learned à lot watching these guys play.

More
28 Aug 2019 18:44 - 28 Aug 2019 18:45 #96615 by Mewcat
A great game is 5 players having roughly equal decks and interesting interactions (not the o shit wrong seat scenario) between the players. Its when no one is forced to play certain disciplines or strategies and that a well built deck beats just throwing dominate (or other dumb stuff) around. Its when you aren't really sure what is going to happen and everyone gets to participate in the outcome of the game for the majority of its duration.
Last edit: 28 Aug 2019 18:45 by Mewcat.
The following user(s) said Thank You: self biased

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds