file Number of VtES players

28 Aug 2019 21:23 #96617 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Number of VtES players

White Wolf is European company.

And how this has relevance to the game having plenty of European players?

I do not think ANY player gives jack $hit about where the company owning the game currently resides. Didn't matter when it was American company and doesn't matter not (besides WW is just the licensing the game so BCP is the company that matters; but not their location)

Finnish :POT: Politics!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
28 Aug 2019 21:32 - 28 Aug 2019 21:37 #96618 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Number of VtES players

I can't find 2019 ropecon stats.

www.vekn.net/event-calendar/event/9221

And next year it is going to be uge. It is going to be so good. It is going to be really great.

Finnish :POT: Politics!
Last edit: 28 Aug 2019 21:37 by Lönkka.

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
28 Aug 2019 23:36 #96622 by ReverendRevolver

White Wolf is European company.

And how this has relevance to the game having plenty of European players?

I do not think ANY player gives jack $hit about where the company owning the game currently resides. Didn't matter when it was American company and doesn't matter not (besides WW is just the licensing the game so BCP is the company that matters; but not their location)

I thought he was being funny. Did I misread?
Atlanta WW was like if Johnny Knoxville ran an RPG company in the 90s. Reputation to do stupid things for humor , just happened to put out more good product than bad while doing it.
BCP is all we need to care about now.

Anyway,

I read all these pages so I could get here and proclaim that on central Ohio, I've met one person EVER who stopped playing because of combat. They'd played 5 games in their life, borrowed a super aggressive KS stealthbleed deck, came to a 20 person tournament. He was a friend from years prior, didn't even know he played vtes, but knew another player, who he borrowed the deck from. Insisted he knew how to play and was good for tournament.
Bled backwards into Annekke wall, got mad when Dolphin and Midget got shot up.

I've had players only want to play because of combat. One guy bought a precon, saw the game wasn't just combat, said that's boring, never played again to my knowledge.

I think people are people and are attracted to the game for thier own reasons. Combat is not fun for everyone, but the combat loving new recruit is just as likely to hate the game over parity shift and mind rape as anyone else over combat.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, self biased

More
29 Aug 2019 08:05 #96625 by elotar
Replied by elotar on topic Number of VtES players

I can't find 2019 ropecon stats.

www.vekn.net/event-calendar/event/9221

And next year it is going to be uge. It is going to be so good. It is going to be really great.

Return to me when you beet 93 from the 2011. ;)

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

More
29 Aug 2019 08:06 #96626 by elotar
Replied by elotar on topic Number of VtES players

I read all these pages so I could get here and proclaim that on central Ohio, I've met one person EVER who stopped playing because of combat. They'd played 5 games in their life, borrowed a super aggressive KS stealthbleed deck, came to a 20 person tournament.

Where can I look at resent tournament participation stats from Central Ohio?

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

More
29 Aug 2019 08:56 #96627 by Mewcat
Replied by Mewcat on topic Number of VtES players
You could look through twd and piece it together maybe. I live in Columbus so it's basically my area. I can generally tell you there is a tournament every other month with 10 to 20 people, prolly 15 being average.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds