file New set in 2012

04 Dec 2011 09:21 #16974 by Amenophobis
Replied by Amenophobis on topic Re: New set in 2012

I play without sleeves. That automatically means my deck can correctly be identified as not using these fan made cards. That means my opponent(s) have information about my deck they should not have.

So when you play with Jyhad crypt cards, your opponents know you're playing group1-2 vampires.
Same issue. (except that, if you play with sleeves, they won't know if you do or don't have Jyhad crypt cards or paper prints before cards)

This can be expanded to 3-rd edition cards, or any set that has a slightly different colour-scheme. You are giving away information any time you play without sleeves.

Btw, if you like your cards to get worn, more power to you. ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Dec 2011 10:19 #16988 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: New set in 2012

Jyhad and 3rd Edition cards stick out like a sore thumb.

I tend to prefer the cheap, clear sleever -sometimes called soft sleeves.

Often when I'm using 3rd Edition cards in it I play them upside down.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
04 Dec 2011 14:16 #17005 by bakija
Replied by bakija on topic Re: New set in 2012

If you come to my tournaments I'll lend you a pack of sleeves if you can't afford them.

The issue is not affording them.

I don't play with sleeves on my decks. As I don't like not being able to shuffle decks with sleeves on them. And I don't like that decks in sleeves occasionally stick together. And fall over. A lot of people don't use sleeves on their decks.

I'm not taking a stand one way or the other on this here idea to produce a new set of cards that you can only use if you are playing with sleeved decks; I'm not a big fan of the idea, personally, but I realize that we are just doing the best we can (although, really, isn't there at this point some sort of reasonable print on demand technology that makes cards? There might not be).

But being dismissive of people who point out that this isn't an optimal plan with crap like this is just insulting to everyone involved.
The following user(s) said Thank You: talonz, Dorrinal

More
04 Dec 2011 15:01 - 04 Dec 2011 15:01 #17016 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: New set in 2012

although, really, isn't there at this point some sort of reasonable print on demand technology that makes cards?

As we all know there is.

But as most of us know, you included I'm sure, we can't do that due to IP and all that... Yeah, don't really like it myself either but that's the way it is.

Finnish :POT: Politics!
Last edit: 04 Dec 2011 15:01 by Lönkka.

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
04 Dec 2011 16:55 #17023 by johannes
Replied by johannes on topic Re: New set in 2012

A lot of people don't use sleeves on their decks.

How many % is a lot? On the EC with roughly 200 player I have seen maximum 10 people w/o sleeves. 5% is not "a lot".

Also note that the new cards will not be stuff that can/must be used in every deck. Most of them will be vampires, I guess sleeving your crypt is a non-issue, and the rest will be specific. So maybe once in a while you will have to sleeve a deck which does not strike me as a very tough penalty for having new cards. Or don't play them, there are 3500 other cards that will make plenty of good decks. I think the sleeve issue is being overdramatized a lot. It is a non-issue to me. B)

More
04 Dec 2011 17:07 #17025 by Suoli
Replied by Suoli on topic Re: New set in 2012

I think the sleeve issue is being overdramatized a lot. It is a non-issue to me. B)

Yeah, seriously. I don't know how much it would cost to print cards on cardstock but you can get a pack of 100 quality sleeves for something like 5 euros. Sleeves has got to be the cheaper option.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds