file New set in 2012

26 Nov 2011 21:36 #16097 by Ke.
Replied by Ke. on topic Re: New set in 2012
Has anyone considered these guys?

www.gobretail.com/podcards-pricing.php

Pricing seem very reasonable — 45 unique cards, 100 sets for $292.50 (7c per card) with discounts for larger volumes. Worse case scenario groups of us could pool together to print the cards (artwork could be kept on hand) — very achievable.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Nov 2011 01:10 #16134 by KevinM
Replied by KevinM on topic Re: New set in 2012

During the meeting in Paris we already had the news that we would have prize support for ECs, NACs and the like for 2 or 3 years.

News... from whom?

Why isn't there a press release about this?

Why isn't there a message about this?

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dorrinal

More
27 Nov 2011 01:54 #16139 by Brum
Replied by Brum on topic Re: New set in 2012

During the meeting in Paris we already had the news that we would have prize support for ECs, NACs and the like for 2 or 3 years.

News... from whom?

Why isn't there a press release about this?

Why isn't there a message about this?

It leaked to the Press . ;)

Besides, all NCs knew about this.
I assume they passed the word to their Princes.
I know I did (ok, kinda easy when I have only two active Princes). :dry:

More
27 Nov 2011 09:19 #16151 by Jesper
Replied by Jesper on topic Re: New set in 2012

Pricing seem very reasonable — 45 unique cards, 100 sets for $292.50 (7c per card) with discounts for larger volumes. Worse case scenario groups of us could pool together to print the cards (artwork could be kept on hand) — very achievable.

As it is right now, as far as Iv understood you cant do a thing like this.

a) the cards wouldent be legal for tournement play, since they would require, as far as Iv understood, that they are printed on normal paper, and sleeved together with a normal v:tes card.

b) this is a fan set, using some fan licens to do it, meaning that there cant be money invloved in producing the cards. If we pay some printing company to print the cards we would be viloating the terms for the fan licens, and then we would be breaking copyright laws, since we would have no licens to produce the cards.

Johannes or similar would proberly need to confirm these two points, since historically, my words in here means nothing.

/Jesper

More
27 Nov 2011 10:02 - 27 Nov 2011 10:03 #16155 by johannes
Replied by johannes on topic Re: New set in 2012

As it is right now, as far as Iv understood you cant do a thing like this.

a) the cards wouldent be legal for tournement play, since they would require, as far as Iv understood, that they are printed on normal paper, and sleeved together with a normal v:tes card.

b) this is a fan set, using some fan licens to do it, meaning that there cant be money invloved in producing the cards. If we pay some printing company to print the cards we would be viloating the terms for the fan licens, and then we would be breaking copyright laws, since we would have no licens to produce the cards.

Johannes or similar would proberly need to confirm these two points, since historically, my words in here means nothing.

/Jesper

I agree with what Jesper says. The cards wouldn´t be tournament legal because we want to discourage that kind of organized production that could bring us in any kind of copyright troubles. I understand that having proper cardstock is nice, but we are walking a thin line with this. People need to be happy with what they get and not try to stretch it :) The people active in the V:EKN are taking some risk in doing this and I think everybody should appreciate that and not go renegade.
Last edit: 27 Nov 2011 10:03 by johannes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Forhead, henrik

More
27 Nov 2011 10:05 #16156 by Juggernaut1981
Replied by Juggernaut1981 on topic Re: New set in 2012

There is another one that is mentioned regularly on BoardGameGeek in the DIY Games section. They seem to have ways for people to upload a set of card and card backs into their site and allow for Pay-to-Print for others from that preset package.

Artscow
www.artscow.com/

Of course, if this falls foul of the current Licencing Agreements, then of course we can't do it. I have to say, I'm hoping that we could have such a product option, but I understand that Hasbro-WoTC & CCP-WW would want a piece of any potential profit action going on with VTES in the future.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds