file New set in 2012

26 Nov 2011 09:36 #16025 by johannes
Replied by johannes on topic Re: New set in 2012

Yeah but those people even didn't know new sets when they were printed, so what is the point?

True. Probably the word-of-mouth will be enough press for people who care. I was just curious if there were any plans to promote the set to folks other than the choir, so to speak. Like I said, I doubt it'll matter much, but one of the reasons to print the set is to help new players (I thought it was, anyway?), so I wondered how word was going to get to them about it. Might be that I was conflating "players who are new to the game but play with an established player base" and "a group of people all getting into the game now."

The point of the set is to keep the interest in the existing community alive. A 20-30 card set that is fixing some holes of cards that were never printed but should be there will hardly help a new player. VTES is an exclusive club because the game is insanely complex. Stuff for new players would be awesome of course, but I think that will not happen unless some company picks it up. The goal of the VEKN is to preserve as much as possible and hope for someone to come along and publish it again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: er-principe, Brum, Lönkka, echiang, Juggernaut1981, Amenophobis, dude_PL, Ashur, Lech

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Nov 2011 16:33 #16049 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: New set in 2012

Is the VEKN advertising the existence of the new set anywhere other than here?

At this years Ropecon (late July) I made an annoucement that a new expansion was being planned and that it was most likely going to be a PDF one.

Why? Just to let people know that VEKN does its best to keep the game alive. and because at Ropecon we have the majority of active players in Finland present. This year 90 of them. I dare say that I'm sure that this info was spread amongst playgroups since and there's hardly any local player who doesn't know about it.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
26 Nov 2011 16:39 #16051 by Brum
Replied by Brum on topic Re: New set in 2012
Same here.
I'll also do a Q&A session during this year's National Championship that will verse this and other subjects, like the next years EC, the fact that VEKN has guaranteed support for 2 or 3 years, the plans for our domestic Org Play in 2012 (Qualifier, National and BYOS), welcoming any new players on site, etc...
You know, keeping the action going. ;)

More
26 Nov 2011 16:41 #16053 by KevinM
Replied by KevinM on topic Re: New set in 2012

I'll also do a Q&A session during this year's National Championship that will verse this and other subjects, like the next years EC, the fact that VEKN has guaranteed support for 2 or 3 years, ...

Where did you hear this? Link, please?

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
26 Nov 2011 16:47 #16054 by Izaak
Replied by Izaak on topic Re: New set in 2012
I don't think there is an official statement, actually.

I do know that during the EC in Warsaw there has been some talking with the NCs (which I'm not so by all means correct me if I'm wrong) about an EC in 2012 AND in 2013, which would imply support for at least another 2 years.

More
26 Nov 2011 17:08 #16057 by Brum
Replied by Brum on topic Re: New set in 2012

I'll also do a Q&A session during this year's National Championship that will verse this and other subjects, like the next years EC, the fact that VEKN has guaranteed support for 2 or 3 years, ...

Where did you hear this? Link, please?

During the meeting in Paris we already had the news that we would have prize support for ECs, NACs and the like for 2 or 3 years.
That is what I'm writing about. Also there might be little extras that are being discussed by the NCs and ICs. When details are set in stone, I expect there will be a release of information, either from the NCs or a Press Release.
What is important is to confirm the notion that the major tournaments will go on as we know and love for a few years.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds