file New set in 2012

03 Dec 2011 00:39 #16900 by Haze
Replied by Haze on topic Re: New set in 2012
wasn't LSJ pretty much a fan who was brought on board to design for White Wolf?

if you play without sleeves, someone with a keen eye can already tell a lot about your deck's composition. Jyhad and 3rd Edition cards stick out like a sore thumb. carefully studying the colors and clarity of the card backs can give information about which expansion set it was printed in. printing quality varied wildly, though subtle enough to not be a big deal for most everybody.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AaronC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Dec 2011 00:41 #16901 by KevinM
Replied by KevinM on topic Re: New set in 2012

If you play without sleeves, someone with a keen eye can already tell a lot about your deck's composition. Jyhad and 3rd Edition cards stick out like a sore thumb. carefully studying the colors and clarity of the card backs can give information about which expansion set it was printed in. printing quality varied wildly, though subtle enough to not be a big deal for most everybody.

There are seven (some say eight) distinct card backs. Given a few moments, I can tell the difference.

Other than a couple of known French players that I was told by EVERYONE were cheaters, I've never heard of a single cheating VTES player, so this likely doesn't matter anyway.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
03 Dec 2011 01:28 #16906 by Pascal Bertrand
Replied by Pascal Bertrand on topic Re: New set in 2012

I play without sleeves. That automatically means my deck can correctly be identified as not using these fan made cards. That means my opponent(s) have information about my deck they should not have.

So when you play with Jyhad crypt cards, your opponents know you're playing group1-2 vampires.
Same issue. (except that, if you play with sleeves, they won't know if you do or don't have Jyhad crypt cards or paper prints before cards)

More
03 Dec 2011 22:32 #16960 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: New set in 2012

Other than a couple of known French players that I was told by EVERYONE were cheaters, I've never heard of a single cheating VTES player, so this likely doesn't matter anyway.

Long retired, thankfully.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
03 Dec 2011 23:21 #16965 by Jesper
Replied by Jesper on topic Re: New set in 2012

Read this with some significant trepidation;

- There will be a new, fan-made set created by the V:EKN
- The cards will be tournament legal for constructed tournaments, just like any other set
- The cards will have to be printed out in color on standard paper, cut out properly and stuck in sleeves before an original V:TES cards

No fan based expansion should ever be tournament legal. I am not willing to entrust my favorite game with 17 years invested to 'fans'. Neither should a set made without liscence, nor widely available in actual printed format, nor available publicly at a store, be tournament legal.

I play without sleeves. That automatically means my deck can correctly be identified as not using these fan made cards. That means my opponent(s) have information about my deck they should not have.

Whoever thought this was a good idea needs to revise their reasoning, because it is hopelessly flawed.

Well then you are lucky. Becouse no one can force you to do that, or want you to force you to do that. You, and your play group can play how ever you want. However, you should know, that _my_ favorite game, that I have invsted in over the last 17 years, right now how no commercial foundation, it have a player runned organization, runned by players. You do however need to follow the rules, if you want to play in this organizations events. It is entierly up to you, to organize events, not v:ekn sanctioned, how can use what ever rules you want to. You could even make you own banned list and erratas.

As of right now, I am VERY happy (and so are ALOT of other players) happy that v:ekn tries to keep the game alive and tries to keep the player base interested, for a company to hopefully see that there is a stable and loyal playerbase.

/Jesper
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brum, Lönkka, Amenophobis, Kushiel, dude_PL

More
04 Dec 2011 07:26 #16973 by Joscha
Replied by Joscha on topic Re: New set in 2012

If you come to my tournaments I'll lend you a pack of sleeves if you can't afford them.

Baron of Frankfurt

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds