file New set in 2012

28 Nov 2011 23:01 #16386 by Amenophobis
Replied by Amenophobis on topic Re: New set in 2012

If I were to choose to continue playing V:TES after this fan-set is released (which seems unlikely, but you never know)

Why would you stop playing? I'm a bit baffled by this. :huh:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Dec 2011 21:50 #16874 by Arthur Volts
Replied by Arthur Volts on topic Re: New set in 2012
I have a ton of pics that are shopped and ready for use. All with my permission and the people that are in them.

Is there someone I can send a mass folder too and we can talk from there?

More
02 Dec 2011 22:03 #16882 by johannes
Replied by johannes on topic Re: New set in 2012

I have a ton of pics that are shopped and ready for use. All with my permission and the people that are in them.

Gines, the art director.

More
02 Dec 2011 22:18 - 02 Dec 2011 22:18 #16888 by Damnans
Replied by Damnans on topic Re: New set in 2012

Gines, the art director.

That's me. Drop me an email with some sample pics.

:vtes: V:EKN Website Coordinator

:baal: :AUS: :DAI: :FOR: :OBF: :PRE: :MAL: :STR: :flight: :cap11:
Last edit: 02 Dec 2011 22:18 by Damnans.

More
03 Dec 2011 00:05 #16895 by talonz
Replied by talonz on topic Re: New set in 2012
Read this with some significant trepidation;

- There will be a new, fan-made set created by the V:EKN
- The cards will be tournament legal for constructed tournaments, just like any other set
- The cards will have to be printed out in color on standard paper, cut out properly and stuck in sleeves before an original V:TES cards

No fan based expansion should ever be tournament legal. I am not willing to entrust my favorite game with 17 years invested to 'fans'. Neither should a set made without liscence, nor widely available in actual printed format, nor available publicly at a store, be tournament legal.

I play without sleeves. That automatically means my deck can correctly be identified as not using these fan made cards. That means my opponent(s) have information about my deck they should not have.

Whoever thought this was a good idea needs to revise their reasoning, because it is hopelessly flawed.

More
03 Dec 2011 00:30 #16898 by KevinM
Replied by KevinM on topic Re: New set in 2012

Read this with some significant trepidation;

- There will be a new, fan-made set created by the V:EKN
- The cards will be tournament legal for constructed tournaments, just like any other set
- The cards will have to be printed out in color on standard paper, cut out properly and stuck in sleeves before an original V:TES cards

No fan based expansion should ever be tournament legal.

Why?

I am not willing to entrust my favorite game with 17 years invested to 'fans'.

Why?

Neither should a set made without liscence, nor widely available in actual printed format, nor available publicly at a store, be tournament legal.

Why?

I play without sleeves. That automatically means my deck can correctly be identified as not using these fan made cards. That means my opponent(s) have information about my deck they should not have.

Lots and lots of people are going to play without sleeves. I'm going to play almost every deck I own without sleeves, because I have no intention of changing their composition. In the decks in which I play with the new cards, the "identification knowledge" will be such that it'll be as useful as knowing what cards I was playing with in 1994 when only Jyhad existed. In other words: not so much.

Whoever thought this was a good idea needs to revise their reasoning, because it is hopelessly flawed.

Why?

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds