file The future of V:TES

07 Sep 2012 13:57 #36235 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: The future of V:TES

And if no deal is reached or if it takes 2 years?
I'd rather have the cards in PDF then replace them with "real" cards (with maybe some extra cards).
This would mean that any mistake could be corrected in the "real" version (if any).

Well, we could possibly wait some months before publishing the PDF. Nobody is in a rush I suppose. We can wait 3 or 6 month and then publish if no deal is here yet.

In any case, I suppose Johannes can keep in touch with the aforementionned possible publisher to avoid needless conflict and be sure they won't be mad at us.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Sep 2012 15:05 #36244 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic Re: The future of V:TES

And if no deal is reached or if it takes 2 years?
I'd rather have the cards in PDF then replace them with "real" cards (with maybe some extra cards).
This would mean that any mistake could be corrected in the "real" version (if any).

Well, we could possibly wait some months before publishing the PDF. Nobody is in a rush I suppose. We can wait 3 or 6 month and then publish if no deal is here yet.

In any case, I suppose Johannes can keep in touch with the aforementionned possible publisher to avoid needless conflict and be sure they won't be mad at us.

I gathered that the expansion isn't due before December or something anyways. We'll most likely get some info about the deal by then. :)

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
07 Sep 2012 21:11 #36254 by Juggernaut1981
Even if it isn't released, I think it would build some good momentum to have a number of the cards sneak-previewed over the coming months to the intended release date. Even if the entire set gets sneak-previewed.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
08 Sep 2012 03:20 #36255 by Sérgio
Replied by Sérgio on topic Re: The future of V:TES
[/quote]

since the reprint is not scheduled for some months (if ever) and we need to keep alive the game now why do not release the set to us player, let we play with it and when the reprint will be ready remove the "home made" cards from legal use?

this way you can validate the vken card design procedure before print the cards and not after[/quote]

this might have a series of problems, like the new "owner" of the legal rights not wanting a set that has been fully exploited in many-a-deck to be sold as a new product. Or the fact that there might be some need for more cards for the set to be comercially viable.

I dunno, just throwing possibilities. My point is: you can't NOT take into consideration what the other party might want/think of the new set.

And by the way - YAY! paper V:tES!

More
08 Sep 2012 03:53 #36256 by Sérgio
Replied by Sérgio on topic Re: The future of V:TES
Well, to everyone who was speculating about the release date and sneak-peaks of the new cards, you might want to read what Ben Peal says in today's Designer's Diary .

I don't know if Mr. Peal knows about this news that Johannes posted a couple days back (I would think so) but he refers to the news in the DD as "Latest news about the design of the new V:TES set to be released by the Vampire: Elder Kindred Network in 2012." I would assume that this means that Dance Macabre will be released before year's end, although that might change with whatever agreement VEKN ends up doing for printing the cards.

Also, in the final paragraph, about playtesting: "We'll spend some time making final tuning, tweaks, and decisions, as well as giving it a thorough proofread and text templating check. This will be happening as the remaining artwork is completed and submitted. Once that's done, we'll get started with the sneak previews!"

This meaning we might see some stuff before the year's end, after all :D All in all, very good news!

More
08 Sep 2012 07:18 #36267 by Adrenochrome
A thought struck me the other day. If the pdf set instead will be a commercially printed set, that would probably affect the makers of the artwork negatively. That is if they did their work for free or at a reduced fee, inn the belief that it was for a non-commercial product. While I know nothing of the dealings between the artists and the design team, this might be something that needs to be looked into?

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds