file The future of V:TES

12 Sep 2012 18:47 #36617 by johannes
Replied by johannes on topic Re: The future of V:TES

I don't know if you can answer the V:tES Community yet, but it is something we've been wondering in the Spanish and French V:tES Community (at least I've exposed my questions in the forums).

Will the print-on-demand program be focused on single cards or single card prices or will the old and new material be released in boosters-starters-kits? Maybe both options will be possible?

Actually I can answer: we don´t know yet. At least in the beginning the printer is not going to be able to handle single cards so it will be some sort of packages (and I have really nothing more specific than that). I got a couple of ideas kicking around my head and definitely the packaging will be made so it is very attractive for the players. The cost for a single card will go up (from booster prices) because the way of production just means more effort, but the intent will be to give the players more what they want and less stuff they already have. Definitely the pricing will not be oriented towards second market prices (so the cost for an Enkil Cog will be the same as for a Bum´s rush, it might just be a little "rarer").
The following user(s) said Thank You: cordovader

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Sep 2012 19:40 #36622 by Soonerborn
Replied by Soonerborn on topic Re: The future of V:TES
What about singles in quantity? Like 10 copy minimum for any given card? Just a thought. I don't have room for any more bum's rushes but there are some cards I can make room for. ;)

More
12 Sep 2012 20:33 #36625 by Juggernaut1981
@Sonner:
Reading between the lines of what Johannes has said, there will probably only be a couple of possible options.

Option 1
Johannes, and whomever else, create a giant list of booster packs for each set of VTES all the waaaaay back through time. You come along and choose a booster-pack which gets put in the print queue and comes out later.

i.e. You choose KoT. Then from there you choose a prebuilt booster that may contain Aaron's Feeding Razor, Adrian Lyla, Andre LeRoux, Tyler McGill and some other stuff.

Option 2
You open up a page which has a little form with "Rare, Vampire, Vampire, Uncommon, Uncommon, Uncommon, Common, Common, Common, Common, Common, Common, Common, Common, Common". Then you start typing in the name of a card, search for it and then add it to your 'booster pack'. Once you've made your 'booster order' it is added to the print queue and you get it when it makes its way through the system. Repeat and rinse for all subsequent packs.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
13 Sep 2012 00:03 #36630 by direwolf
Replied by direwolf on topic Re: The future of V:TES

Option 2
You open up a page which has a little form with "Rare, Vampire, Vampire, Uncommon, Uncommon, Uncommon, Common, Common, Common, Common, Common, Common, Common, Common, Common". Then you start typing in the name of a card, search for it and then add it to your 'booster pack'. Once you've made your 'booster order' it is added to the print queue and you get it when it makes its way through the system. Repeat and rinse for all subsequent packs.

Seeing that the retail cost per card will go up, I find this to be the most attractive option.

However, some rares are more rare than others, which might influence things in the direction of random boosters.

No matter what system is put in place, the main question that should be asked is "How many copies of this card would be used in a normal deck." Trick decks are fun, but you should have to buy more cards or trade for them to put them together.

Enkil Cogs are really strong, and one or two per deck is more than enough. Blood Dolls, you might have 3 to 5 in a deck, and Wake With Evening's Freshness and Deflection, you might use 6 to 8 of each.

This will produce a broader spectrum of rarity than rare, uncommon and common (which in actuality has further breakdowns of rare 1, rare 2, uncommon 1 and 2 etc.) AS WELL as it will produce rarity that is in line with how many cards should be printed (Just look at Eccentric Billionaire... all billion of them)

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.

More
13 Sep 2012 05:27 #36654 by Daidalos
Replied by Daidalos on topic Re: The future of V:TES
Would you, in the case of reprints, consider some sort of distinguishing the reprints, making them visibly "less attractive", so that the old cards wouldn't lose that much value? A very nice example are the Challenge decks for Middle-Earth the Wizards - the game uses black borders for limited editions, blue border for unlimited and battleship grey for the challenge decks. I believe such a solution could give the new players all the necessary cards and the secondary market wouldn't completely collapse.
(I must confess I have a very "preciousss-like" attitude to my cards.)

"I like to think there always are ...possibilities." Spock
:trem: :aus: :dom: :tha:

More
13 Sep 2012 11:52 - 13 Sep 2012 11:53 #36680 by blackday
Replied by blackday on topic Re: The future of V:TES
@ Daidalos: not a bad idea actually..i'd go for that.
Last edit: 13 Sep 2012 11:53 by blackday.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds