compress Honest Idea for fixing overly strong master cards!

Poll: AFTER READING THE WHOLE THING: What do you think? (was ended 0000-00-00 00:00:00)

Total number of voters: 0
Only registered users can participate to this poll
05 Jul 2011 12:30 #5874 by Klaital
Minimum amount needed for finals was 1 GW 5 VP (two of the ones with that amount got to finals, other two didn't, due to having less tournament points, didn't actually have to flip coin). At least on one round the two girls decks were at same table next to each other and contested Cybele pretty much whole game. And I think they timed out in most of their other tables too without too many vps.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jul 2011 12:39 #5876 by Suoli

Seriously. Stop randomly hating on good decks you can't build. Start playing better.

I have the necessary skills to build and pilot a !DEM-weenie and a number of other decks that would consistently win against Girls and do well against other decks as well. I feel that playing those decks too often makes the game less fun for everybody involved. This has been alluded to several times before but I can forgive you for not reading the whole thread in depth.

More
05 Jul 2011 19:04 - 05 Jul 2011 19:05 #5889 by Izaak
Can you list them?

Because other then weenie dem or anything that fights I don't think people are actually convinced decks exist that are the paper to the Girls' rocks.

I believe that given 5 competent players, the Girls are just a very slow grinder that instead of auspex play tons and tons of poolgain to never get in lunge range. The deck is totally harmless without an Inner Circle on the table and should be dealt with accordingly. What girls, or any deck with heavy poolgain for that matter, are capable of is capitalize on lack of pressure. That's where it shines.

And even then it still needs a master at the wheel to be driven to victory, as is being proven time and time again. Erik or Hugh playing girls is freaking dangerous. Joe average doing it? Meh, just a guy jumping the popularity train causing tables to time. See also Owain Evans.

As I said, let it go and it will win. Give it space and it will win. It's really not different from any other decent deck. The difference is that it always seems harmless at start. I'd have though people have caught up by now.
Last edit: 05 Jul 2011 19:05 by Izaak.

More
05 Jul 2011 19:06 #5891 by Demnogonis Saastuttaja
Timeouts is one thing that happens with these master decks all too often. It's sort of weird to know you can't win the game unless you oust the master deck from wherever it is because you can't allow him to stall every turn with 5 MPA's...

:ANI: :AUS: :VIC:

More
06 Jul 2011 02:55 #5907 by Suoli

Can you list them?

Because other then weenie dem or anything that fights I don't think people are actually convinced decks exist that are the paper to the Girls' rocks.

This is the crux of the matter.

More
06 Jul 2011 05:49 #5912 by Lönkka

Can you list them?

This is the crux of the matter.

I actually just came up with a new idea how to trump Girls but won't discuss it before it has been tested.

Also it doesn't have to be weenie dem, anything that consistently bleeds with 2-3 with several minions all the time will do. But you naturally have to be "upstream" of the girls if you can't choose whom you're bleeding.

And like said before, Trochomancy is also sweet! But, erm, hard to use if Girls are your predator...

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds