file Any progress on the ranking module?

06 Mar 2013 12:54 - 06 Mar 2013 12:58 #45770 by jhattara
The ranking module on this site is currently in beta testing with plenty of results already entered. If there are no glitches in the system, it should be finalized rather soon.

:splat: Jussi Hattara :splat:
:vtes: Webmaster Extraordinaire :vtes:
Finnish :POT: Politics!
Last edit: 06 Mar 2013 12:58 by jhattara.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ashur

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Mar 2013 15:40 #45786 by Lönkka

The ranking module on this site is currently in beta testing with plenty of results already entered. If there are no glitches in the system, it should be finalized rather soon.

If time permits, please release it to open beta already!

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
06 Mar 2013 17:35 - 11 Mar 2013 13:26 #45794 by Pascal Bertrand

Just to let you know - The world rank tool for Polish players is already in place and working thanks to Santh.

www.vtes-polska.ugu.pl/world_rating.php

In case you need more information on that matter please contact Santh.

I think some of the maths on that page isn't correct. Well, it probably is, but the rating point function isn't the right one.

It should be :
[90/30/0]*(2*log(NB_PLAYERS)/log(15)-1+coeff) + 8 * NB_GW + 4 * NB_VP + 5
where [90/30/0] works this way: use 90 for the winner, 30 for finalists, and 0 for non-finalists
NB_PLAYERS is the number of players
NB_GW is the number of Game Wins of the player
NB_VP is the number of Victory Points of the player
coeff is: 0 for standard tournaments, 0.25 for CCQs and Nationals, 1 for Continentals

With this evaluation, I get (for tournament #4 of 2013 and for the winner):
(90 * (2 * log(19) / log(15)) - 1 + 0) + 8 * 3 + 4 * 16 + 5 = 198.7 (should round up to 199).
The page displays 170 . Did you get that value from the Archon, or is it calculated by the server?
Last edit: 11 Mar 2013 13:26 by Pascal Bertrand.

More
11 Mar 2013 13:19 #45976 by wargrim
I will let Santh take a closer look at this.
it's possible that some of the rating point may be different as we are using other coeff for Polish league purposes.

I will get back to you soon.

"Iusiurandum patri datum usque ad hanc diem ita servavi"

More
11 Mar 2013 13:50 #45977 by johannes

Just to let you know - The world rank tool for Polish players is already in place and working thanks to Santh.

Well that is a strange bit of history there. If you scroll down the thread you will see that he offered his help back then but nobody wanted it so his offer wasn´t valid anymore. Thing is if my memory serves correctly I was trying to make contact between him and current people back then but nothing ever happened on it. So I really don´t know what´s what, but putting that history aside, give me his e-mail and I´ll put him in contact with current people.

More
11 Mar 2013 14:27 - 11 Mar 2013 14:30 #45983 by Santh

I think some of the maths on that page isn't correct. Well, it probably is, but the rating point function isn't the right one.

It should be :
[90/30/0]*(2*log(NB_PLAYERS)/log(15)-1+coeff) + 8 * NB_GW + 4 * NB_VP + 5
where [90/30/0] works this way: use 90 for the winner, 30 for finalists, and 0 for non-finalists
NB_PLAYERS is the number of players
NB_GW is the number of Game Wins of the player
NB_VP is the number of Victory Points of the player
coeff is: 0 for standard tournaments, 0.25 for CCQs and Nationals, 1 for Continentals

With this evaluation, I get (for tournament #4 of 2013 and for the winner):
(90 * (2 * log(19) / log(15)) - 1 + 0) + 8 * 3 + 4 * 16 + 5 = 198.7 (should round up to 199).
The page displays 170 . Did you get that value from the Archon, or is it calculated by the server?

it's fine. it's my point of view, i show i the table whole score on tournament and FVP shows how final was going.
so to explain Winner before final had 1GW 6VP, he won final with 5VP, so he has at the end 2GW 11VP what you can see.
=90*(2*LOG(19;15)-1)+8*2+4*11+5=170.71, but i round id down ;)

ps. my script calculate it all, its easier then uploading whole archon file, i use only tournament info, maths, rounds, and optimal sitting, and better because some older version of archons have bugs and don't calculate RtP correctly.
Last edit: 11 Mar 2013 14:30 by Santh.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pascal Bertrand

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds