file Lilith's Blessing... a poor NYC prince simple question

24 Apr 2012 19:21 #28610 by erewego
Hey everyone, this is Adam Hulse, I run the "vtes gig" down in NYC. Some of you probably know me. I don't post that often but I was just curious if this would "work". I'm only writing because I haven't heard a good argument against it other then "it's too late and that's that". But the edit to Villein done by you guys gives me some hope though.

Lilith's Blessing is a good card.
Lilith's Blessing is strong for a lot of modules. Particularly with villein. [no need to go into examples]
I SUSPECT that something was missed in the design because of its huge impact. Probably some due to the game production ending.

So here is my simple question - to not take away from the effectiveness of the card but make it more er... fair? [sorry lack of a better term]

Why not just make it unique?

That is all.
Adam Hulse
Prince of New York
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pendargon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Apr 2012 19:25 #28611 by Dorrinal
Might as well just ban it. A deck that relies on Lilith's Blessing shouldn't be unplayable just because someone else at the table is playing it. The impact would be similar to contesting vampires.

:trem:

More
24 Apr 2012 19:39 #28612 by erewego
That is the risk you take when you play something popular... like group 4 kisayd.

More
24 Apr 2012 19:44 #28613 by Suoli

Might as well just ban it. A deck that relies on Lilith's Blessing shouldn't be unplayable just because someone else at the table is playing it. The impact would be similar to contesting vampires.

A quick look at the TWDA suggests that LB is a good card to have and a bad card to build around. I see many decks with just a single copy, along with Jake Washington, Perfectionist and/or Hunting Ground. IME, a deck focusing on LB + Villein is great at surviving and terribly unreliable at ousting, usually thanks to having vampires on low blood and choking on masters.

More
24 Apr 2012 21:39 #28617 by Dorrinal
I don't know how to respond to someone who thinks contesting vampires is okay. So I'll come at this another way: what is the problem you are trying to solve, and how does your suggestion solve it?

:trem:

More
24 Apr 2012 22:35 #28619 by Suoli

I SUSPECT that something was missed in the design because of its huge impact.

A lot of it's popularity probably owes to the storyline event in which players could start every game with LB on the table, allowing them to really abuse the card. In normal game play, it's just another blood gain master.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds