file Uses for Jack of Both Sides

20 Sep 2012 12:33 - 20 Sep 2012 12:34 #37397 by TorranceCircle

I've not found Jack of Both Sides useful for pool-costing equipment....

On the other hand, I've had decent success with it with retainers or equipment that costs blood.

I have wanted to use this card because it is one of those cards you end up with too many of. But as others have stated, I always come back to the fact it just isn't good enough to use or to replace something like concealed weapon.

Retainers is a good idea. I've never thought of using it with marajava ghouls. I have been thinking I could use it with razor bats, the added stealth may be helpful for gargoyle. But you are again just trading a blood for a pool, which is not a real reduction. Is it?

Perhaps i will try Toreador Antitribu with marajava ghouls.
Last edit: 20 Sep 2012 12:34 by TorranceCircle.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Sep 2012 12:42 #37399 by ReverendRevolver
I may try it with ferox non slave gargoyles. they taste enough to want retainers more than blood, and its hard to play razor bats and stone dogs in a deck with such little pool defense and mo bloat.

More
20 Sep 2012 12:46 #37401 by TorranceCircle

I actually tried to play the Jack, using Lord Ephraim's special. Well, it didn't work at all.

Nice attempt.

Action [18]
2x Anonymous Freight
4x Jack of Both Sides
8x Magic of the Smith

If you have 8 magic of the smith i don't think the others are necessary. especially if you throw in a couple of Nod masters to move equipment around.

Master [13]
1x Anarch Troublemaker
6x Ashur Tablets

Ashurs are great but why use them in a 90 card deck? Use Nod, maybe guardian angel to add intercept against bleeds and maybe help to use that sniper rifle.

Reaction [19]
19x Eyes of Argus

I would diversify, maybe add some bounce, some wakes or other intercept (depending on wether you use Eyes of Argus more frequently as wake or intercept)

More
20 Sep 2012 12:49 - 20 Sep 2012 12:52 #37402 by TorranceCircle

I may try it with ferox non slave gargoyles.

I was thinking of using Rocia and Cedric as a basis for a crypt. Cedric would enjoy getting bats at 2 stealth then untapping after blocking direct actions. Rocia could do non-slave things.
Last edit: 20 Sep 2012 12:52 by TorranceCircle.

More
20 Sep 2012 14:49 #37408 by Daidalos
19x Eyes of Argus[/quote]
I would diversify, maybe add some bounce, some wakes or other intercept (depending on wether you use Eyes of Argus more frequently as wake or intercept)[/quote]

yes, sure, it was in the original post. the original idea was to play MotS, find another copy, so that I could equip fast and clear my library of the Magics and of the permanents. But the deck kind of "deformed" and I tried exploiting Ephraim's special a bit more. I will try to go back to the original idea again.

"I like to think there always are ...possibilities." Spock
:trem: :aus: :dom: :tha:

More
20 Sep 2012 14:58 #37410 by TorranceCircle

I will try to go back to the original idea again.

I like the idea. let us know how it works out.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds