file Regarding unplayable or overpowered cards

07 Mar 2013 22:13 #45881 by KevinM

I'm not sure LSJ ever dealt with nerfing cards. He did ban some of them (PTO, Edge Explosion, Memories of Mortality), but I can't recall one he changed.

Wait. Did you just say that you don't recall one card that LSJ changed? Surely, you don't actually, really mean that. c.f. Camarilla Edition, 5th. 2nd, etc etc etc etc etc
:)

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Mar 2013 06:51 #45883 by Pascal Bertrand
Shhht! Don't let them know !

More
08 Mar 2013 07:21 #45884 by galliard
Wow you guys are awesome. I am so amazed by the level of this forum. Thank you for EVERY post. Each of them is so constructive and mannered, even those with a dose of negativity.
Seriously, i could never expect it. I am new to vekn and i only heard about it a year ago or so (negative stuff, there was some inner feud those times, dont know the details). So i am even more surprised.
You guys aspire to be greatest forum community i have ever met

Special thanks to Jeff Kuta for insightful posts, especialy regarding DS/AH and what LSJ did.
Also, thanks Reyda for support.

So Pascal is da baws. Didnt see that happen. I am honored, because he bothered to reply to my every single noob post. Being the most important person in vtes world at the moment, he shows very good attitude, giving atention to every vtes player. A true king.

And give me a break with Ascendance. That was just an example to make people get my idea better. Whining about cards was also a joke. I never considered any card overpowered (aside from Perfectionist - hands down the best archetype)
I just know, there are thousands of players who still possess tens of thousands useless old cards. We can wait for next expansion for a long time. Meanwhile, it would be sweet if we got new cards from what we already have
I wish you all the best. Cuz you are the best.

More
08 Mar 2013 08:18 #45885 by Ashur
While I´m not terribly optimistic about those in charge get less conservative and start changing crappy cards, it would be a nice way to boost sales of the rumoured print-on-demand-cards.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
08 Mar 2013 09:20 #45890 by Lönkka

I am new to vekn and i only heard about it a year ago or so
SNIP
I wish you all the best. Cuz you are the best.

Hey, you've been around for a year so that makes you part of the community thus making you one of the best!

Welcome aboard sailor!

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: acbishop, Reyda

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
08 Mar 2013 21:34 #45912 by ReverendRevolver
Sidenote: fiximg eyes of the dead. Make it only have inf version that grants +9 intercept against diablery, usable by a tapped vampire ( or mummy, per thier card text...) only if a vampire of cap less than ten is trying to eat your vamp. It becomes the end all be all of corner case, nearly useless but requires loads of stealth ( unrealistic amounts, incidently) or block denial.

Its so bad, it could grant 987 intercept and be just as unplayable.
So i think just ignoring it is as easy as not playing it. And those are as good as errata for it, i beleive.

Are there any just barely bad non vampire cards ppl have ideas on though? Vamps ive made adv versions of to compensate them, and i may post them someday, but library cards intrigue me if ppl have ideas.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds