file Regarding unplayable or overpowered cards

11 Mar 2013 19:14 #46016 by Ashur

Only usable during a D action against a vampire in torpor

I guess it´s this bit that makes the card unplayable.

Because diablerie, rescuing, Graverobbing and others don't happen in the game? At all? I see vampires rescued left and right very often. Blocking the rescue can be very handy. Blocking a Graverobbing is very good.

It´s too cornercase in my opinion. I don´t know how many cards of this type you include in your decks, unless you play some kind of Regeneration-bloat engine.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Mar 2013 22:37 - 11 Mar 2013 22:46 #46019 by Reyda

Only usable during a D action against a vampire in torpor

I guess it´s this bit that makes the card unplayable.

Because diablerie, rescuing, Graverobbing and others don't happen in the game? At all? I see vampires rescued left and right very often. Blocking the rescue can be very handy. Blocking a Graverobbing is very good.

It´s too cornercase in my opinion. I don´t know how many cards of this type you include in your decks, unless you play some kind of Regeneration-bloat engine.

Of course it is corner case.

Is movement of the slow body cornercase ? Is rapid healing cornercase ?
Sure they are.
But at least they are playable. You see them from time to time, they make a nice trick because you don't expect them. And they also open new deck ideas. Some of them are fairly succesful, just like the force of will/conditioning/Movement of the slow body deck is.

Is the cornercase state of a card a reason for us not tinkering it ? I beg to disagree. And the last designer disagrees to.

Cauldron of blood has been errated. Gangrel Revel has been errated. When was the last time anyone played one of those cards ?
If it opens new ways for making decks, i'm all for it.

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier
Last edit: 11 Mar 2013 22:46 by Reyda.

More
12 Mar 2013 00:19 - 12 Mar 2013 00:20 #46020 by AaronC
I agree with you, Reyda. This thread has become a discussion of "unplayable" cards, Eyes of the Dead in particular, and how to make such cards playable.

A "cornercase" card is PLAYABLE! The very idea of this thread (and related ones) is to turn "unplayable" cards into "cornercase" cards! :silly:

It is wrong to say that discussion of errata or new cards must be guided by the principle that any new card or errata must produce a versatile or powerful card.

If you want to preemptively shut down all ideas about card changes or card designs, at least try to find a reason that is appropriate to the forum at hand.

If a change to Eyes of the Dead makes it playable in any deck, that's a success!
Last edit: 12 Mar 2013 00:20 by AaronC.

More
12 Mar 2013 07:31 #46022 by galliard

I agree with you, Reyda. This thread has become a discussion of "unplayable" cards, Eyes of the Dead in particular, and how to make such cards playable.

that was my point from start, thanks Aaron

make Illegal Search and Seizure work vs any weapon and we have nice niche counter against celgun decks. would it make ISaS overpowered? i dont think so. still Canine Horde (which is considered weak and situational card) would be better.

luckily, most of these noob cards were not reprinted in later editions. but they still exist in vast numbers.

More
12 Mar 2013 13:03 #46027 by Ashur

A "cornercase" card is PLAYABLE! The very idea of this thread (and related ones) is to turn "unplayable" cards into "cornercase" cards!

Still, while those in charge are at it, they might consider make the cards at least _considerble_ for tournament play. I don´t see the point with turning ugly wallpaper to beautiful wallpaper.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
12 Mar 2013 16:02 #46028 by Lönkka

This thread has become a discussion of "unplayable" cards, Eyes of the Dead in particular, and how to make such cards playable.

Then again, the thread IS called "Regarding unplayable or overpowered cards"...

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds