exclamation-circle Cards Bans 2016 (Anthelios, the red star, Seeds of corruption,Temptation of Greater Power)

21 Jan 2016 08:48 #75089 by Ashur

Anthelios can also be easily countered via Not to Be, Uncoiling or Fourth Cycle.

Is this one of your "facts"? Do you actually think these 3 cards you mention is "easy" to play?

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jan 2016 08:52 #75090 by Ashur

If you're saying that Girls or Malkavian Demetia decks use Anthelios every turn means that you haven't seen them played a lot and you haven't played them yourself.

I know Myrdin, so I know this is not true. Why are you being an asshole like this cordovader? On the contrary, I guess it is YOU that haven´t played/played against these decks alot, as you don´t seem to understand Anthelios strenght.

Anyhow, the card is banned so you might as well get over it, at least until the game is back in print again.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
21 Jan 2016 09:37 #75091 by PetriWessman

Anthelios can also be easily countered via Not to Be, Uncoiling or Fourth Cycle.

Ok, now it's clear you either have no idea of what you are talking about, are are intentionally being dense.

No, Anthelios cannot be "easily" countered by any of those. Been there, tried that. It's obvious you haven't.

It's like claiming that multi-MPA decks can "easily" be countered by packing a lot of Wash/SR. Nope, doesn't work either.
  • Not To Be: huge opportunity cost, rarely useful in real games due to that
  • Uncoiling: kills your own Events too, and depends on cooperation with rest of table to get rid of drawback. Useful card, but not an easy general solution.
  • Fourth Cycle: needs setup (i.e. other Gehenna cards of your own). Nice card, but very situational.

All this is beside the point, though. Anthelios has been banned, and most players seem to agree with the ban and the reasoning behind it. Your whining is not going to change that, so grow up and deal with it.

I would normally be bit more polite, but your previous assertions about how the Rules Team not being competent to do rules/ban decisions and about how other (experienced) player opinions on this do not matter -- only yours does -- does not make me inclined to be charitable here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wesile

More
21 Jan 2016 13:30 #75094 by ReverendRevolver
I'm not sure the masses, or even a slight to large majority AGREE wish the bans, but I think most players understand and at least accept the bans of seeds and anthelios. Togp is the card with least reason to be allowed to stay.
Many players, myself included, seem to either be OK with losing lilliths, anthelios, and seeds for now or possibly permanently, but understand the basis for ban>erratta is waiting to be in print for erratta. The problem with girls decks stays. Its fixed when the cards (5 crypt 2libray) can be reprinted stating 2mpas instead of one instead of "additional". Then debates can resume for Lilith's and anthelios. Seeds needs reminder text stating the vampire loses its text box and is the default sect of the clan, no infernal, flight, etc either.

The argument of decrease in randomness by recursion is only partially valid. Recursion is all anthelios does. It doesnt , on its own, oust, make you live, screw the table, etc. So its a card you can include in your deck (or was) like all the rest, that you chose over other cards for a slight advantage it had over other cards to give you an advantage at the table. As stated, "fair" is weak sauce argument on both sides. I play (circle or roll?) In basic g2 gargoyles. It says DNR until after combat, I can pick it up instead of drawing. It recurs. It also sucks. Henry Taylor is in one of my most annoying wall decks. He keeps earth melds coming. Still recursion, combat is less crazy than masters, but its,recursion. We accept some cards have it as an advantage, and others "have to go" with small reasons for one or the other.
In summary, wait for us to get printed, then complain again.....

More
21 Jan 2016 18:36 #75099 by wesile
Not to be.... the uncoiling and the 4th cycle as good strategies against the red star...

Why I don't catch preys with smart strategies like this in the tournaments...

Anthelious is to strong and a fix is clearly needed...

I will miss the ToGP... could also be fixed...

The vekn team are all seated in a "huge" pile of money that they make working for us at no cost... and in the end they even have to read less polite posts regarding their decisions...

So, instead of ranting why don't you start a topic with possible tweaks for this cards?

More
21 Jan 2016 19:03 - 21 Jan 2016 19:04 #75101 by zkopiosy

All this is beside the point, though. Anthelios has been banned, and most players seem to agree with the ban and the reasoning behind it. Your whining is not going to change that, so grow up and deal with it.

Sorry, but it's not true or prove that most players are agree with the anthelios ban.
A lot of players, I know, including me, said they won't go to tournaments anymore, if the ban is effective. I took a long time time to build my favorites decks with anthelios, I'm not very active for the game anymore, but i was still coming to tournaments, picking one of my favorite deck the morning. i don't want to spend time to rebuild them, so I 'm really thinking about stopping the game.

I hardly wanted proxies to have begginers able to play, the project was stopped after the survey said "players want proxies", I was really dissapointed by that. Now we are making old players that likes to play Anthelios, leaving the community.

Sorry, but i really think if the errata is effective in february, the game will die....
Even if the game reasons of the ban were good, the community can't support that.

I hope Pascal we'll find another option.
I think a new event saying: During your turn, the first mpa you use make you gain one pool, the additional ones cost 2 pools" was a far better "solution" for thoses who find mmpa decks painful.
Last edit: 21 Jan 2016 19:04 by zkopiosy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vlad

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds