exclamation-circle Cards Bans 2016 (Anthelios, the red star, Seeds of corruption,Temptation of Greater Power)

19 Jan 2016 00:19 - 19 Jan 2016 00:28 #75006 by jamesatzephyr

Well, knowing that these cards are banned from Vken tournaments, many do not agree with their banishments, I think a simple change in the rules of the same, would bring a balance to the game, some say Anthelios is being abused with combos as Arson, the it would be to "DI", "Pentex" among other masters who would benefit from being played several times, however if we see on the one hand a deck can have 3 DI in their hands that they get a good B & S mounted as anger predator lead bleed anyway, since the Seeds of Corruption would be unbalanced in relation to the current game Meta, lastly Temptation of greater Power being banned for simply being a strong letter.

Honestly, none of what you're saying makes sense. I don't mean "You are making a bad argument", I mean "You are stringing words together in a way that doesn't make sense in English."

"some say Anthelios is being abused with combos as Arson"? What? What does Arson have to do with anything? What combos with Arson? What? Who are these people who are saying Anthelios is being abused with Arson? Since Arson only affects locations, and most locations are relatively permanent and not the key cards being frequently recycled, what does that have to do with Anthelios?

"Temptation of greater Power being banned for simply being a strong letter." What is a letter? What is a strong letter? Why is Temptation of Greater Power a strong letter?

"however if we see on the one hand a deck can have 3 DI in their hands that they get a good B & S mounted as anger predator lead bleed anyway" Very few decks want to have 3 DIs in their hand (on a regular basis, anyway), since you can only play one Out of Turn master between turns, irrespective of master phase actions you might or might not have. So are you talking about someone making a bad deck? Someone recycling cards weirdly? Is this an argument for or against... something? I think you're saying a stealth and bleed deck could bleed you - but it can bleed any deck whether that deck is the most super powerful in the world or not, so I'm not sure what you're trying to say. Why would you cycle three DI into your hand against a stealth bleed predator, when you can only DI one action or modifier?
Last edit: 19 Jan 2016 00:28 by jamesatzephyr.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jan 2016 00:54 #75007 by Mauro Ramos
First sorry for my English, I was never good with it,
well I was wrong to put "arson"
"I was talking about the toreador"
Camarilla Prince of Seattle "Anson".

His ability is very good use with Anthelios, however when I referred to bleeds, meant that Anthelios would not be a letter of impact size, if such letters as "DI" or "Pentex" could be repeated, as in any deck facing this strategy would not be stopped by a combo with Anthelios, what I mean is that Anthelios is a good letter, however require a specific deck to enjoy your maximum advantage.
Already ashur for example, comes in almost all strategies, however an expensive and difficult letter to acquire.
Combos with Anthelios are only effective when certain masters cards come into play, nothing that the other players aware of the deck strategy can not stop.

I believe a reassessment of masters cards being played in combo with Anthelios can solve the problem, therefore the ban would not be necessary.

More
19 Jan 2016 01:15 #75008 by Nac
Girls is winning too much and it has been doing it for far too long, I guess that without errata, the easiest way was to ban anthelios so in that regard it is ok to ban it and to explain it. But about seeds, it doesn't make sense. No one is exploiting it, it has been troublesome for a long time, yes, but it comes out of nowhere. I suppose an official racionale behind the bans would help the stuation but it is good to see people caring about vtes even if I disagree with them.

More
19 Jan 2016 01:19 #75009 by Mauro Ramos
No need for ban, nor errata. ToGP and Anthelios have been fine for 15 years or so. Such a move is just going to discourage people from playing altogether, which is incredibly stupid in a context of a dying community and completely undermines the work done on new expansion. Making new cards is good. Banning old cards, because some people whine they can't cope with Parthelios or because their darling star vampire got stolen, it's bad - and really unintelligent in a context where you barely get 15 players in a national championship.

words of one of those who voted in the petition , said Tran Van Pieere of France .

I don't understand why, after all this time, someone wants to ban three cards that aren't unbalanced. I really don't get it. Instead Ban: Ashur Tablets.

said Hugo Nunes of Portugal.

And Just the Beginning .

More
19 Jan 2016 01:55 #75010 by TapeTaChatte

"some say Anthelios is being abused with combos as Arson"? What? What does Arson have to do with anything? What combos with Arson? What? Who are these people who are saying Anthelios is being abused with Arson? Since Arson only affects locations, and most locations are relatively permanent and not the key cards being frequently recycled, what does that have to do with Anthelios?

hello, I don't know if you are drunk or trying to be smart, but I think anybody could have understand that he was referring to Anson not Arson in the sentence "Anthelios is abused with Arson"

If I tell you "I burnt his Parthenon with Anson" will you make an argument that Anson is a vampire toreador with no ability to burn location and as such cannot burn a Parthenon and blablabla

And saying he does not make sense in English while he clearly repeated he was Brazilian… is… wow… how can I find the right word since I am just french, english being not my native language… well it's shameful? Make an effort next time to be able to talk about the contents instead of being the smart guy talking about the syntax mistakes.

I am so pissed at your post , everything in it is so disrespectful of the original poster that just tried to explain in a foreign language how he felt about the current changes.

IC Organized play coordinator
Please contact me with any OP query using the mail in my profile
The following user(s) said Thank You: 2wayspeaker

More
19 Jan 2016 02:29 #75014 by Mauro Ramos
Thank you for free friend,
really it is very difficult to talk in a language that is not my native .

But still hope to act a very plausible explanation for the bans , and I look forward to it .

The vken has always been and will be a respected organization , I am eternally grateful , to keep the game at a high level , even after they have stopped producing the game, but would love to hear the explanations of the bans .

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds