file I need just the right deck....

18 Aug 2011 13:41 #8508 by Mael
You probably have too many master cards, and too few actions overall.

Blood of Sandman is something you should consider. As is Rutor's Hand.

I agree with Pendargon that you don't need Lilith's blessing.

You're entirely wrong about Hexaped being better as another Govern. It's great for responsible bleeding and against some decks will make that vampires bleeds effectively unblockable. At certain tables it can also be used as a chump blocker before you use it's special. You should have more :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Aug 2011 14:24 #8512 by brandonsantacruz

The only problem i see with it is your master selection, everything else seem to be in order.

Why is Lilith's blessing here? It is questionable that you will get to use it, with all the masters, and no direct way to empty your vampires quickly, or transfer their blood to pool. Jake Washington could be better.

Why infernal pact? For what discipline are you planing that?

And (it is just my personal preference), i do not like two wrongs in deck that can bounce. also, i d not like storage annexes much, but that's just me.

Why Movement of the mind. I rarely see that one played?
I also notice that only 2 Vampires in your crypt have OBF, but you have 4 Cloak the gatherings.

Other than those (most of which are my personal preference issues :) ), it looks solid all round, with casual intercept, lots of bounce, bleed at stealth, and some combat to push things trough.

Though, lately, i started constantly putting Uncoiling in every deck when i go on a tournament. If nothing, it kills that pesky Anthelies/unmasking/Veil /whatever red card that i hate!

Yeah, Two Wrongs is a reach. It might be better in a deck with a lot of reduce. As for Lilith's Blessing, Spirit Summoning Chamber can help selectively empty a minion I want to. Giant's Blood is probably better, now that I think about it. Jake would be better than either, but I don't own any ;(

Infernal pact could be AUS, DOM, OBF or THA, whatever I need.

Movement of the Mind can be a maneuver or a press to end for 8/12 of my crypt. With a skill card and/or Infernal Pact, it could be anyone. I don't want to fight, especially long combats vs crow/bats.

Never tried Uncoiling. Seems like a silver bullet that will most often be discarded (or in this case annexed... hmm).

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
18 Aug 2011 14:24 #8513 by brandonsantacruz

You probably have too many master cards, and too few actions overall.

Blood of Sandman is something you should consider. As is Rutor's Hand.

I agree with Pendargon that you don't need Lilith's blessing.

You're entirely wrong about Hexaped being better as another Govern. It's great for responsible bleeding and against some decks will make that vampires bleeds effectively unblockable. At certain tables it can also be used as a chump blocker before you use it's special. You should have more :D

Good call on Blood of Sandman. I just got a copy and should try to use it.

-Friedrich Nietzsche

More
18 Aug 2011 16:40 - 18 Aug 2011 16:41 #8526 by Kiddo
Spirit Summoning Chamber is actually quite good card, but you hardly need more than one. If it comes, great, but you can live without is just as well.

I'll also echo other people's opinions - Hexapeds are awesome. They can block and they provide you with responsible bleed mechanism, something which is very valued in tournaments.

Rutors, at the risk of repeating myself, are also awesome. Well worth the investment of 4 blood (Ankara) and one action. Multiacting is what Tremeres makes actually very competitive clan(s).

If you're going for defensive combat, you really should consider both more Rego Motuses and THA dodges - Wind Dance and Bond with the Mountain. Those are a bit trickier to come by, but are well worth the effort (and money).

Infernal pact is great card for disciplines you can't acquire via equipment, and OBF is not one of those disciplines. Even more, should you want to play OBF Tremeres/!Tremeres, you can do it without equipment or discipline-providing cards, it is just a matter of correct crypt choices. Consider this:

2x Mistress Fanchon 11 AUS CEL DOM OBF THA VIC inner circle Tremere:4
2x Gabrielle di Righe 10 ANI AUS DOM THA obf pot justicar Tremere:5
2x Orlando Oriundus 9 AUS DOM THA obf bishop !Tremere:4
2x Paul Cordwood 8 AUS DOM THA obf pre bishop !Tremere:4
2x Preston Varrick 7 DOM OBF THA aus nec Tremere:4
2x MacAlister Marshal 6 THA aus dom obf pre Tremere:5

You have proper Govern chain, all of your vamps start with at least basic obfuscate and most of them have quite useful abilities, too.
Last edit: 18 Aug 2011 16:41 by Kiddo.

More
18 Aug 2011 17:49 #8536 by brandonsantacruz

Spirit Summoning Chamber is actually quite good card, but you hardly need more than one. If it comes, great, but you can live without is just as well.

I'll also echo other people's opinions - Hexapeds are awesome. They can block and they provide you with responsible bleed mechanism, something which is very valued in tournaments.

Rutors, at the risk of repeating myself, are also awesome. Well worth the investment of 4 blood (Ankara) and one action. Multiacting is what Tremeres makes actually very competitive clan(s).

If you're going for defensive combat, you really should consider both more Rego Motuses and THA dodges - Wind Dance and Bond with the Mountain. Those are a bit trickier to come by, but are well worth the effort (and money).

Infernal pact is great card for disciplines you can't acquire via equipment, and OBF is not one of those disciplines. Even more, should you want to play OBF Tremeres/!Tremeres, you can do it without equipment or discipline-providing cards, it is just a matter of correct crypt choices. Consider this:

2x Mistress Fanchon 11 AUS CEL DOM OBF THA VIC inner circle Tremere:4
2x Gabrielle di Righe 10 ANI AUS DOM THA obf pot justicar Tremere:5
2x Orlando Oriundus 9 AUS DOM THA obf bishop !Tremere:4
2x Paul Cordwood 8 AUS DOM THA obf pre bishop !Tremere:4
2x Preston Varrick 7 DOM OBF THA aus nec Tremere:4
2x MacAlister Marshal 6 THA aus dom obf pre Tremere:5

You have proper Govern chain, all of your vamps start with at least basic obfuscate and most of them have quite useful abilities, too.

While I would often agree with you on the govern chain thing, I think it is a bit less important on this deck. By sticking to Paul (8 -cap) and younger vampires, I can govern down and bring out anyone else in the same turn.

On Spirit Summoning Chamber, it serves several functions. First, I can use it to get stealth. Second, I can use it for combat cards, stripping a blood off of the guy fighting so that he can theft it back. Third, I can dig for other useful Thaum. cards. It makes a big difference in this deck (at least in my head it does).

For me, actions not bleeding or preparing to bleed are basically wasted in this deck. I'd rather pay a pool and take a few from my prey than use an action and let my prey live that much longer. I could go with more Rigo Motus, maybe even a wind dance, but probably not bond with the mountain. because of the blood cost and the impotence of dodging.

-Friedrich Nietzsche

More
18 Aug 2011 19:37 - 18 Aug 2011 19:45 #8545 by Kiddo
Personally, I think you're overestimating Paul Cordwood. He's a decent enough vampire, but in that grouping, and in !Tremeres in general, I find him just not good enough to include in general decks, let alone make him a star vampire. to me, if you're adding another discipline and you're making a star out of some vamp, he really should have that discipline at superior.

(slightly OT text ahead)

But that's just my opinion. When it comes to adding another discipline to your !Tremeres, my personal favorite has always been VIC and Malgorzata as a star vampire, Compared to OBF, VIC is much more versaitile discipline, providing you with stealth, bleed modifiers, S:CE, bloodgain and several sources of aggro damage. Plus, Malgorzata is my favourite vamp ever, with a decent title and extremely useful ability.

The same goes for adding NEC to the mix - you have an awesome star vampire (Marino Reymundo Vasquez ), access to NEC via equipment, decent crossover vamps within Giovanni clan and a discipline that provides you with S:CE, block fail, stealth/intercept, set range, permastealth and several nice other cards (Haunt, Jar the Soul, Summon Soul).

I took those two disciplines just as an example, but both add stealth to you, just as OBF does, but add so much more to the mix, stuff not available to DOM THA AUS spread.
Last edit: 18 Aug 2011 19:45 by Kiddo.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds