4x Paul Cordwood 8 AUS DOM THA obf bishop, stealth/intercept
2x Preston Varrick 7 DOM OBF THA aus +1 bleed vs allies
Terrell Harding 7 AUS THA dom obf steal blood action
Selena 6 AUS DOM THA
Frondator 5 AUS dom tha bishop, her rescue actions cost 1 less
Mosfair 4 dom tha
Janine 4 aus dom tha
Ember Wright 3 aus dom

I think that Paul Cordwood is one of the best vampires in the game (I'm a real fan). Which other vampire gives you the option of +1 intercept and +1 stealth on each action? Awesome.
To exploit his special best I chose to up the crypt and play with 15 cards. In most games it prove to be a decent number. If you include 5 copies of Paul you keep the ratio.

Dunno, I generally much rather use the extra crypt cards to gain 4 pool with Malgorzata's special instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Aug 2011 22:49 - 20 Aug 2011 22:52 #8688 by Kiddo

Dunno, I generally much rather use the extra crypt cards to gain 4 pool with Malgorzata's special instead.

Same here. Malgorzata with Rutor's Hand, combined with her special and Govern usually means one free vampire per turn, with 4 transfers free to bring in another crypt card.
I love Malgorzata so much...(which would explain my avatar).

Paul Cordwood's special is...useful, but not so much. Obtaining +1 Stealth with an 8-cap (Monastery) with THA (Mirror Walk) and/or +1 Intercept with AUS for a price of a crypt card doesn't sound like that a great deal to me. Sure, you might like him for his fluff, which is understandable and a valid option as far as I'm concerned, but I find him to be one of the weaker larger !Tremeres...
Last edit: 20 Aug 2011 22:52 by Kiddo.

More
20 Aug 2011 23:06 #8690 by Klaital
Whats his fluff then?

More
20 Aug 2011 23:28 #8691 by brandonsantacruz

Same here. Malgorzata with Rutor's Hand, combined with her special and Govern usually means one free vampire per turn, with 4 transfers free to bring in another crypt card.

Paul Cordwood's special is...useful, but not so much. Obtaining +1 Stealth with an 8-cap (Monastery) with THA (Mirror Walk) and/or +1 Intercept with AUS for a price of a crypt card doesn't sound like that a great deal to me. Sure, you might like him for his fluff, which is understandable and a valid option as far as I'm concerned, but I find him to be one of the weaker larger !Tremeres...

+1 stealth or +1 intercept on top of the ability to generate some of each can turn what would otherwise be the occasional block/successfully stealthed action into something more consistent. Even if you don't use the ability, the fact that it is just sitting there can have an effect on what your prey and predator do. How many people rush Vignes?

My goal for the deck is to have a combination of stealth and intercept. Tremere and !Tremere do that pretty well. With Paul Cordwood as the star, I think the deck is approaching something more tier one. The deck doesn't fail without him, but it does benefit a lot.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
21 Aug 2011 00:47 - 21 Aug 2011 00:49 #8695 by Kiddo

With Paul Cordwood as the star, I think the deck is approaching something more tier one.

Well, I don't share the same opinion but would welcome the chance to be proven wrong. Should you be in an opportunity, take a deck like this one on a tournament and I wish you the finals at least.

Is there any !Tremere deck in TWD with Paul Cordwood 8more than one copy in a crypt)?

Whats his fluff then?

Heck if I know. I'm not an RPG player but have downloa...*ahem* obtained House of Tremere from Dark Ages player's handbook yesterday and have skimmed through it - there is some fluff on Paul specifically.
However, I can relate to someone wanting to play a specific vampire not solely based on its potence, but rather on more sentimental reasons. I, for example, never play a g2/3 Tzimisce deck without at least one copy of Szechenyi Jolan, although a crypt would probably be better with another Velya or Stravinsky or Tailor instead.
Last edit: 21 Aug 2011 00:49 by Kiddo.

More
21 Aug 2011 06:07 #8699 by Joscha

Yep, agreed. But that is another deck idea. Brandon doesn't want to bring out biggies who bring out more, he wants to play more midcap with intercept/stealth options. And in that plan Paul fits in perfectly. :cheer:

Baron of Frankfurt

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds