times Storyline - Ragnarök, the Final Battle

03 Oct 2013 19:21 #54749 by ICL
Actually, until about 5 minutes ago, I thought this was only an EC event and was kind of wondering why the threads were so long for it. If Pete Oh hadn't posted something about it on the DC list, I wouldn't have read it closely enough to realize it was available globally.

I don't know how well these things can be marketed in wider channels, but it should be a lot clearer in the first paragraph whom events are intended for.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Oct 2013 03:23 #54754 by brandonsantacruz
Way to go, good effort to make combat win VEKN :)

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
05 Oct 2013 21:07 #54817 by Miasmat
How does the NRA rule apply to the Adversary rush action? Is the action "0 stealth, undirected enter combat with the current Adversary" or "0 stealth, undirected enter combat with X"? If my minion burns the current adversary, can he Freak Drive and enter combat with the new Adversary? Can ALL of my minions attack the current adversary, or only one 1 or my minions per turn?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joscha

More
05 Oct 2013 23:17 #54818 by ruiza97

but it should be a lot clearer in the first paragraph whom events are intended for.

Its the fourth paragraph. Initially I was dismayed that it was only a week but thankfully that has changed. And so DALLAS will contribute to VTES for the first time this decade by having a game on the 27th. Thanks VEKN for giving Dallas this opportunity.

Prince of Dallas
Toreador Grand Ball: Dallas
August 13, 2022

More
07 Oct 2013 14:46 #54893 by ICL
I'm assuming that the mention of extending to October 31st is in effect.

How flexible are the rules?

Until we went to play, I thought there were multiple adversaries in play at a time. After playing, only one being in play seems suboptimal to me. We never got to the auction for the All High as the effort to kill Loki with the decks at the table was too much in combination with how nuking the adversaries really didn't do much, so there wasn't enough incentive to gangbang the adversaries. I thought there was going to be two in play at a time, which means that there should be an easy kill all of the time for decks that are into that sort of thing.

The magic weapons are too weak. Now, whether making them melee weapons helps or hurts or doesn't matter at all isn't entirely clear, but I'd look to try to upvalue them.

The question about multirushing adversaries is important. We ruled that you couldn't as the action is "enter combat with a revealed adversary" or whatever, not enter combat with adversary XYZ. As FBI Special Affairs has the magic word ally on it, does that mean it gets ignored for adversaries?

For Jormungandr and Sutr, the way they read, if you have one free location/equipment, you can just choose that one and never be affected. I would change their abilities to something like burn all locations/equipment or pay 2 pool for each one you want to retain.

More
07 Oct 2013 15:48 - 07 Oct 2013 15:50 #54895 by AaronC

In each player's minion phase, any minion controlled by that player may take an undirected action to enter combat with the revealed Adversary. If its life is reduced to zero by combat damage it is burned and removed from the game.

My understanding of the NRA is that this is a repeatable action since the power to do it comes from the "rulebook" and not from a card in hand or in play and it is not a bleed action or vote action.

I do not think that the word "an" as in "an action" means "(exactly) one". Normally "one" means "exactly one" and "a/an" means "one or more".

I think that all your minions can do it: I do not think that the "any" of "any minion" means "one and only one". I think it means "up to all".

Of course, this is just my feeble logic probing the murky depths that is the English language.
Last edit: 07 Oct 2013 15:50 by AaronC.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds