times Storyline - Ragnarök, the Final Battle

29 Sep 2013 14:07 #54484 by Lönkka

a single Methuselah with a clutch of Freak Drives, guns, and Taste of Vitae (to pay for the Freaks) could take out pretty much all the Adversaries in one turn.

How does Taste help against Adversaries who are Allies (and Taste works only with Vampires)?

Or did you mean that you do occasional rush elsewhere to fill up the Freaker?

I also like the storyline but will have to chime in regarding the lateness of the arrival of the material for it. Most likely I will not be able to put together a deck designed for this storyline.

BTW Any chance of getting the results of the PREVIOUS (Buda castle) storyline (or have I just missed them)?

Finnish :POT: Politics!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lönkka
  • Away
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
29 Sep 2013 14:42 #54490 by AaronC

Combine that with the fact that the enter combat action is innate and repeatable, and that the replacement Adversary turns up immediately, and a single Methuselah with a clutch of Freak Drives, guns, and Taste of Vitae (to pay for the Freaks) could take out pretty much all the Adversaries in one turn.

As Lonkka noted, no Taste of Vitae would be possible.

The barrier to the multiple rushes is that each rush is a 0 stealth undirected action. You have to deal with predator and prey blocking each rush.

Nosferatu/Thrown Gate and Fatima/Assault Rifle seem well made to kill adversaries since they have access to Obfuscate stealth to get past their opponents.

Of course, that still doesn't explain how you would oust your prey. :silly:

More
29 Sep 2013 16:46 #54508 by Ashur

Isn't it possible to make it last a month?

Or maybe 3 months? It seems a bit sad to make 39 new cards for just a weeks playtime.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
29 Sep 2013 22:21 #54519 by the1andonlime
+1 for making it last longer than just the EC.

Also, I have a question on Loki:
"Loki must strike: dodge, if able" but does not come with an innate option to do so. Is this on purpose or is he supposed to come with the dodge?

Suaku
Inceptor Asian Continental Championship
興っ
www.youtube.com/SuakuOz

More
30 Sep 2013 04:09 #54523 by Ankha

+1 for making it last longer than just the EC.

Also, I have a question on Loki:
"Loki must strike: dodge, if able" but does not come with an innate option to do so. Is this on purpose or is he supposed to come with the dodge?

I suppose it's innate (here "must" = "can + must")

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
30 Sep 2013 13:49 #54559 by Joscha
Just a sidenote: My playgroup will definitely play that supercool Storylineevent but won't be able to do it until the last week in October or later. Are you still interested in the results?

Baron of Frankfurt

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds