file Speed Bump

06 Aug 2013 07:15 #52765 by Azel
Replied by Azel on topic Re: Speed Bump
Ohlmann has the right of it with regards to it being a rush card. Really, you'd be better off with a stealth card. Here you add minor punishment to being blocked and at superior recoup the action. Or with stealth you could have got the combat you wanted in the first place.

Rush has many problems and this does not address any of them well, even chump blocking.

What you'd want is rush to continue and a chump block to be less fruitful. But outside of stealth, that's a strong card effect: cancel a blocking minion and continue with the action. I'm sure there's a way to create a Hidden Lurker/Malleable Visage-esque action modifier out there, where you pass off the chump blocker to another untapped minion and continue the rush action, but it'd have to be worded to avoid restriction on cueing further combats.

And it'd still more specialized and complicated than the built-in contestable resolution method of stealth v. intercept.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Aug 2013 07:25 - 06 Aug 2013 07:25 #52766 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Speed Bump
Well, it would be Siren's lure with another name (and restriction to rush action I suppose). Not a bad idea per se, but it's one of the iconic melpominee card.
Last edit: 06 Aug 2013 07:25 by Ohlmann.

More
06 Aug 2013 10:19 - 06 Aug 2013 10:21 #52768 by jamesatzephyr
Replied by jamesatzephyr on topic Re: Speed Bump

What you'd want is rush to continue and a chump block to be less fruitful. But outside of stealth, that's a strong card effect: cancel a blocking minion and continue with the action. I'm sure there's a way to create a Hidden Lurker/Malleable Visage-esque action modifier out there, where you pass off the chump blocker to another untapped minion and continue the rush action, but it'd have to be worded to avoid restriction on cueing further combats.

Seems a bit more... co-ordinated than Potence's usually fairly generic, thumptastic nature. More like a clan card or a different discipline. As well as Melpominee, which Ohlmann points out, I could imagine something like this suiting Sanguinus - there are a couple of cards in the same sort of thematic space, implemented fairly differently. Ditto Flight (Winged Second). Maybe Auspex, or a dual-discipline. Maybe something like a titled Sabbat vampire sending in some sacrificial underling. Or a card-based use for a slave (use the default rule without a card, or something like this with a card). Or a Protean homunculus or something.

To me, vanilla Potence just doesn't feel like this.
Last edit: 06 Aug 2013 10:21 by jamesatzephyr.

More
06 Aug 2013 11:37 #52769 by ReverendRevolver
Replied by ReverendRevolver on topic Re: Speed Bump
I really dont think slave needs any card support. In fact, non slave gargoyles need help, not slave.

When someone mentions flight or gargpyle for something, i get excited. When its slave, or usble by slave, i dismiss it. "Yea, Tupdog REALLY needs love....."
Its like (off topic) i read that soe university is working on actual invisibility technology. And the govrnt is funding it. On Smosh, they had an article about it, and explain how the govoirnmentxwill have it. Then theres a pictures of police in riot gear curb stomping some guy, rodney king style. The caption says " yea, i can wait until thesexguys can turn invisible...."

So, point being, gargoyle help, cool. Ferox, roccia, obsidian, erinyi, malachai, they salutexyou.
If tupdog can use it, we don need it.

Maybe make it a modifier/reaction for potence viseratika. Pot: modifier, blocked takes one damage beore combat. Pot vis: modifier as above, untap if blocker isnt ready at end of action. POT VIS reaction, this non slave gargolye , even if tapped. This gargoyle may block and react as though untapped until end of action. If this vampire sucessfully blocks, and the opposing minion is no longer ready at the end of the action, this gargoyle untaps.(even if they are in torpor)

Just potence untapping is odd, but vanilla potence needs a deep song style card.

Pot:rush a tapped minion, or a vampire belonging to a different sect than this acting vampire as a d action.

POT bleed at +1 bleed. If this action is blocked,,the acting vampire gets +1 strength in the reaulting combat, and may burn a blood forxa manuever during the first round.

You get thexidea

More
06 Aug 2013 12:00 #52772 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Speed Bump
I think you are both off topic and wrong on Slave Gargoyle. They need help too, even if less so than independant one. Don't forget that tupdog decks destroy other decks, but cannot win on their own without a lot of luck.

(well, one could argue that independant gargoyle viable alone is not something worth pursuiving ; I for one tend to see them as complement to the slave one to have a wider pool of gargoyle)

The idea of the strength / +bleed modifier is cool, especially if it lower stealth (for thematic reason). I would better see +1 bleed/+1 strength at inf, and +1 bleed/+2 strength at sup than maneuver.

More
06 Aug 2013 13:58 #52773 by jamesatzephyr
Replied by jamesatzephyr on topic Re: Speed Bump

I really dont think slave needs any card support. In fact, non slave gargoyles need help, not slave.

As I indicated, I was talking about theme, not who needs help.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds