file Speed Bump

06 Aug 2013 18:58 #52799 by ReverendRevolver
Replied by ReverendRevolver on topic Re: Speed Bump

I think you are both off topic and wrong on Slave Gargoyle. They need help too, even if less so than independant one. Don't forget that tupdog decks destroy other decks, but cannot win on their own without a lot of luck.

(well, one could argue that independant gargoyle viable alone is not something worth pursuiving ; I for one tend to see them as complement to the slave one to have a wider pool of gargoyle)

The idea of the strength / +bleed modifier is cool, especially if it lower stealth (for thematic reason). I would better see +1 bleed/+1 strength at inf, and +1 bleed/+2 strength at sup than maneuver.

Im just going but what i know for gargoyles. Ive tried indy. Cant win consistantly. Tried slave. Win more consistantly. Due to dominate and crypt.

Ive said for awhile pot needs a card that, like govern or deep song, has flexibility, and is good at basic and superior.
As far as theme goes, i think flight or viseratika have both established they grant untap. Slave doesnt untap the slave.

For fun, i always keep in mind that mata hari can create gargoyle and its a ravnow slave. And thats the coolest slave gargoyle i know of.

But, non slaves get less goodness than slaves, as a rule. Look at fhaundice, ublosatha, and tupdog compared to ferox, roccia, and malachai. Much better special text.

But vanilla potence would love some coolness like the origional idea. Its just kinda off theme......

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Aug 2013 09:21 #52830 by jamesatzephyr
Replied by jamesatzephyr on topic Re: Speed Bump

The idea of the strength / +bleed modifier is cool, especially if it lower stealth (for thematic reason). I would better see +1 bleed/+1 strength at inf, and +1 bleed/+2 strength at sup than maneuver.

I'd prefer something that wasn't just generic "+1 bleed", especially at inferior. Maybe I'd be cooler with it at "pot: Punch hard/POT: +1 bleed".

But for reasons of theme, and of different decks and strategies feeling different, I'd personally prefer something with a more combat-y element to it. Possibly a little along the lines of Taking the Skin: Minion. So something like:
[pot]Some generic combat effect.
[POT]Play when an opponent enters torpor or the incapacitated region. Not usable by a minion leaving the ready region. This minion has +1 bleed. A minion may have only one of This Card. Burn this card at some point maybe.

More
07 Aug 2013 15:54 #52837 by ReverendRevolver
Replied by ReverendRevolver on topic Re: Speed Bump

I'd prefer something that wasn't just generic "+1 bleed", especially at inferior. Maybe I'd be cooler with it at "pot: Punch hard/POT: +1 bleed".

But for reasons of theme, and of different decks and strategies feeling different, I'd personally prefer something with a more combat-y element to it. Possibly a little along the lines of Taking the Skin: Minion. So something like:
[pot]Some generic combat effect.
[POT]Play when an opponent enters torpor or the incapacitated region. Not usable by a minion leaving the ready region. This minion has +1 bleed. A minion may have only one of This Card. Burn this card at some point maybe.

Problem i see is it screams to be called notorious brutality......

Maybe it could be brutal notarioty?

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds