file Speed Bump

03 Aug 2013 20:01 #52699 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Speed Bump

Domain of Evernight vs. Dawn Operation. First one gives options to you, second one gives options to your enemies. One is great, the other is absolutely terrible.

Any attempt to help bruise & bleed needs to somehow recognize this fundamental problem.

Your message is cryptic. I don't really see the parralele here.

The card is good but does not really help combat or bruise and bleed. It's more a way to make Cryptic Mission or Croc Tongue work better. Or maybe some multirushes combat. But with a bruise and bleed, my main concern is to make my action succeed when I need them to be, and this card don't help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Aug 2013 03:12 #52702 by brandonsantacruz
Replied by brandonsantacruz on topic Re: Speed Bump
Ok, what if the card was worded like this:

Speed Bump
Action Modifier
pot: Only usable when blocked (before combat, if any). The opposing minion takes one unpreventable damage.
POT: as POT above and if this acting minion is ready at the end of the resulting combat and the opposing minion is not, the action continues.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
04 Aug 2013 07:49 #52707 by kombainas
Replied by kombainas on topic Re: Speed Bump
Seems kewl and cycleable, but perhaps inferior is somewhat more powerful, than most stuff you would get for free at inferior (for example typical hand strike: str +1). Perhaps the damage could be taken before strikes are chosen if the range is close?

!malk! :OBF: :DEM: :cel: :cap6: Sabbat. If this vampire's bleed is successful, he laughs manicly and untaps.

More
04 Aug 2013 10:45 - 04 Aug 2013 10:47 #52709 by Suoli
Replied by Suoli on topic Re: Speed Bump

Your message is cryptic. I don't really see the parralele here.

Dawn Operation, Crocodiles Tongue, Hidden Lurker etc. require co-operation from your opponent. If he chooses not to block, you'll be stuck bleeding for 1 with a bad hand. We've clearly seen how playable these types of cards are.

Domain of Evernight, on the other hand, can be played profitably whether you're blocked or not.

The message to take away from this is that most bruise & bleed type cards suck because of opportunity cost, not because they have weak effects.
Last edit: 04 Aug 2013 10:47 by Suoli.
The following user(s) said Thank You: brandonsantacruz

More
04 Aug 2013 12:49 - 04 Aug 2013 12:50 #52710 by brandonsantacruz
Replied by brandonsantacruz on topic Re: Speed Bump
(Made a comment and hit cancel, forum posted it anyway...)

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/
Last edit: 04 Aug 2013 12:50 by brandonsantacruz.

More
04 Aug 2013 15:53 #52714 by Jussi
Replied by Jussi on topic Re: Speed Bump
I have to agree With Suoli here - currently speed bump would jam your hand. I'd like to see Mind of the Wild approach, so you could cycle speed bump for no effect.

I really like the idea, especially the first one which seems more balanced. Latter version would require blood burn cost for superior effect.

!bruj! :CEL: :POT: :PRE: :cap6:
----
Banging trashcans, breaking windows
We'll wake you up tonight

We like the good time, we scream and shout
And that's what fun's about

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds