file Attempt to Fix (not ban) Events

27 Feb 2014 23:48 #59437 by Azel
Events are global disruptors, and have rightly earned quite a bit of community hate. But they were designed from the beginning to be global disruptors, to shake up the full table state. The cleanest solution is to say this idea was entertaining in theory but ugly in practice and to ban the whole thing outright.

This is not that topic.

This topic is to explore a rule change -- not a new card, because that silver bullet tech has been out en masse and the issue is still with us -- to keep events while mitigating their swingy and hard-to-respond presence.

Rule Change Idea
A non-transient Event may be played, ignoring requirements, to destroy another non-transient Event in play. Both events are destroyed and move to the ash heap.

And non-transient Events can only be played once per game. So it removes the problematic event, and since both were played, prevents using multiple copies of the same event as means to destroy other events. Extra copies stay as dead cards.

Further it is just one slot that is more flexible than just a silver bullet. Even Becoming Ennoia becomes playable.. :dry: Well, no, but it is an easier to stomach flexible dilution of one's deck.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Feb 2014 00:29 #59439 by Dorrinal
Is this the right thread to ask that we ban all events?

:trem:

More
28 Feb 2014 03:43 #59441 by librarian
Meh.
I personally find events entertaining, mostly because everyone else "hates" them.

But if I had to choose between your proposal and banning, I'd rather ban them outright. Everyone will just have an event in their deck to remove other heinous events, but not to actually use it as written.

More
28 Feb 2014 04:18 - 28 Feb 2014 04:21 #59444 by ReverendRevolver
Yea, i fail to see how events are the biggest problem we have right now. Imbued with events is a problem, but only if the table wont cope immidiately with them.
Veil, blood weakens, and torpid blood are hurdles, recalled to the founder is a big ouch for a small amount of decks, fall of the cam can CRIPPLE many decks, but we all know how hard it is to make that happen, then theres FBI special affairs thats ok for ally decks, but mostly imbued, wormwood also helps imbued more than anyone, dragonbound is the most balanced event i know of, since it helps combat decks, has huge impact, costs you a hand slot, and can backfire.
Now, Anthelios i like, but it can be abused. Mpa rules chamges are needed anyway before event ones though.
Nra pac is cool, unbroken.
Rising is pretty cool way to not time the table oit.
Nightmares upon nightmares is neat i run it in my ghoulet deck.
Fueled by heartsblood is freakin sweet, since carlton still can kill you, eleimelech amd saulot and fakir can eat people with little worry
Blood trade is basically to set up other events.
Unmasking is GREAT for allies. I dislike imbued decks, but unmasking is great forcmakimg rock cats, war ghouls, garou, etc run good.
Edge explosion should stay banned, buried in a desert somewhere in a hole next to ET Atari cartridges.
Most other stuff doeant matter, the three anti events serve a purpose(4th cycle, breaking the code, uncoiling)
Then theres the badass name, awesome art, useless as hell club occupied by Conquest of Humanity.

But (sorry if i missed something hugely important, fall of sabbat doesnt matter and is a bitch to get to play) there is one very broken card that ruins my day and makes me wantcto throw my deck at anyone who plays it, mayne even beat them into a coma with my shoe. A card so rediculously overpowered, ive seen weak men imstitutionalized for reading it while not sitting down. And that card, which is so good it needs banned is....,..........................

Becomming of Ennoia.
Last edit: 28 Feb 2014 04:21 by ReverendRevolver.

More
28 Feb 2014 06:46 #59451 by Azel

Is this the right thread to ask that we ban all events?

No. :P

More
28 Feb 2014 07:50 #59454 by Lönkka
The proposed change is WAY too easy way to remove an annoying Event.

I see no reason to resort to that heavy Event termination.

Events can be annoying as hell but certainly adding this change would kill several deck types which would be way more harmful for the game than the proposed change is beneficial.

So in the words of Mr. Horse:
"No Sir, I don't like it!"

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: extrala

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds