file Attempt to Fix (not ban) Events

06 Mar 2014 23:35 - 06 Mar 2014 23:49 #59741 by ReverendRevolver
LBanning is big. Some stuff isnt powerful enough to deserve it:
Memories of mortality(pre-imbued)
Lilliths Blessing (before it was notorious for mmpa girls. First twd i saw it in was potence kindred spirits)
Madness of the Bard(not banned for power, banned for terrible levels of annoying, even moreso with a large playerbase who speak English as not a native tongue

Then theres cards banned or changed because they enable(enabled) complete crazyness and or bullshit:
Return to Innocence(bleed big. Too big...)
Protect thine own(blow shit up. If we all played one clan, this wouldnt be banned ;) )
Edge Explosion (I asked Scott what the deal was printing this. He kinda shrugged, with a half sigh, and went baxk to looking over a menue. A texas player told me it did get called out in his playtest notes. Its bad enough they get conviction at untap, entering play, and via cards, but double it, and say they all can ignore a "disciplime requirement" for 1 power?ouch)
Fame(hahahaha, before RTA, im famous, I bleed for like 6, seduce blocker, force of will bleed for, hell, lets say 6, and boom, take another pool hit.)
Misdirection(i cant explain it, just try it if you cant fifure out why its so good. In mtg, Solemn Similacrum looks like shit, until you realize hes king of chump blockers. Same level of thinking)
Succubus club(roughly 94% of "good old days" talks have something to do with this cars. Interestingly, 97% of those storues probably involve alchohol ;) )

Anyway, Uasking, and frankly all events arwnt that bad YET.

Imbued break them some, but frankly MMPA shit is more broken, and we are 2-4 errattas away from fixing that. Or one erratta and a rules change for non trifle sources of additional MPAs.

Darby, acting allies are solid, and i like war ghouls, garou, and the 2 good (at rushing ;) ) banezmummeys, along with shamblers and dead hookers. But some allies become unplayable (Hellhound) and others way worse (member of entourage, stray) without unmasking. Not aaying the game needs it to survive, but ally decks are pretty damn limited to the only good ones without unmasking. (Yes, i know NOBODY plays hellhound, but you get the idea, some alliez suck too bad to even look at without unmasking)

So, i still have never (EVER) gotten stopped by an unmasking-granted imtercept lockdown that wasnt 80 times less likely and easier to deal with than no secrets, weenie eyeball/animalism, or any wall deck worth playing.

Now, arguably the card makezxall ally decks into somethng that CAN block, but no secrets without additional intercept is just as hard, if not harder, to deal with in the absense of stealth.

I hate tablepoison imbued, but the problem is way deeper than the unmasking.

And i hate mmpa girls alot more than any imbued.

We still need to ban becoming of ennoia though. Its ruining the game for me........
Last edit: 06 Mar 2014 23:49 by ReverendRevolver.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2014 07:21 #59748 by Timo

I got shutdown in the endgame of a recent tournament because I couldn't get past Underbridge Strays and The Unmasking with my casual stealth.

Let say it was not a Stray with Unmasking but Carna the Bitch (a primogen, yes) you would have been a lot more screwed and it does not require any action to put in play (unblockable !!!) and not even possible to "cancel as it is play" it AND it is a lot more difficult to destroy than a stray (or, arguably, even a war ghoul). And you know what, Carna can usually and easily block 3 different actions in the same turn and will have friends who can do the same.

Why allies get such a card escapes me, as it was entirely possible to play with the allies I commonly see today before The Unmasking came around. There were Shamblers, War Ghouls, Nephandi, even some folks played Bane Mummies back when there was such a things as Bane/Mummies before The Unmasking showed up, and there would be ally decks if The Unmasking was gone.

Again, let's replace Unmasking by Eye of Argus. Nowaday, you can't see an :AUS: deck without a bunch of it and if I recall correctly, there allready was :AUS: based deck before it and they didn't especially suck. Like The Unmasking, it is a (very) good card and yes, if the related tech is part of your strategy, you add it without too much considerations (and no, it is NOT automatic to add Unmasking in a deck with allies or Eye of Argus in a deck with :AUS: e.g. if I play Carlton and Jake, I don't see the point in adding Unmasking).
The following user(s) said Thank You: librarian, Zenedar

More
07 Mar 2014 07:23 #59750 by Lönkka

And remember what a vote in Finnish Politics is. ;)

Awwwwww

(BTW I think we need a smiley with a black eye...)

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
07 Mar 2014 14:33 - 07 Mar 2014 14:34 #59756 by Jeff Kuta

Let say it was not a Stray with Unmasking but Carna the Bitch (a primogen, yes) you would have been a lot more screwed and it does not require any action to put in play (unblockable !!!) and not even possible to "cancel as it is play" it AND it is a lot more difficult to destroy than a stray (or, arguably, even a war ghoul). And you know what, Carna can usually and easily block 3 different actions in the same turn and will have friends who can do the same.

Carna is a single minion which can be Seduced. Strays can be blocked, but Nephandi frequently enter into play with Antonio d'Erlette. Turbo War Ghoul or Garou are very fast getting the first ally. It's much harder to get past 4x allies with +1 intercept (maybe with Carlton or intercept locations to support) than 1x Carna, who is frequently Pentexed, same as any Magaji who gets No Secrets.

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes
Last edit: 07 Mar 2014 14:34 by Jeff Kuta.

More
07 Mar 2014 14:44 #59758 by ICL

I got shutdown in the endgame of a recent tournament because I couldn't get past Underbridge Strays and The Unmasking with my casual stealth.

Why allies get such a card escapes me, as it was entirely possible to play with the allies I commonly see today before The Unmasking came around. There were Shamblers, War Ghouls, Nephandi, even some folks played Bane Mummies back when there was such a things as Bane/Mummies before The Unmasking showed up, and there would be ally decks if The Unmasking was gone.

Again, let's replace Unmasking by Eye of Argus. Nowaday, you can't see an :AUS: deck without a bunch of it and if I recall correctly, there allready was :AUS: based deck before it and they didn't especially suck. Like The Unmasking, it is a (very) good card and yes, if the related tech is part of your strategy, you add it without too much considerations (and no, it is NOT automatic to add Unmasking in a deck with allies or Eye of Argus in a deck with :AUS: e.g. if I play Carlton and Jake, I don't see the point in adding Unmasking).

You are bringing up using transient effects. The Unmasking is a permanent. The other intercept permanents either go on a specific minion, which means they can be lost if the minion is dealt with, or they tap to use, e.g. intercept locations, which, again, affects one minion (at a time). The Unmasking affects every ally, all of the time.

So, I don't find your comparison at all relevant.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TryDeflectingThisGrapple

More
07 Mar 2014 15:26 #59760 by Timo

Carna is a single minion which can be Seduced. Strays can be blocked, but Nephandi frequently enter into play with Antonio d'Erlette. Turbo War Ghoul or Garou are very fast getting the first ally. It's much harder to get past 4x allies with +1 intercept (maybe with Carlton or intercept locations to support) than 1x Carna, who is frequently Pentexed, same as any Magaji who gets No Secrets.

Yes Carna can be seduced, pentexed or elder imped but you come with lost in crowds and you can by-pass any number of nephandi. Carna with a bowl is a very different thing when it comes to that (and you know what, it is VERY easy for her to get it).

Different decks, different solutions. In the end, nothing is perfect and every technique has it flaws.

For example, if you dislike unmasking (or Carna for that matter), you play Beast or Enkidu and the nephandi, Carna (or in a lesser extent the war ghouls) would be screwed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zenedar

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds