file Ashur Tablet killer

04 Aug 2011 15:22 - 04 Aug 2011 15:25 #7336 by Boris The Blade

I'm a bit surprised. Ashur works great in decks without multiple MPA. I play 6 of them in a thin Gangrel deck (with little master), it works like a charm.
It is as wrong as saying you are obliged to play presence in a vote deck because Voter Captivation is great.

True, this works fine, until you find yourself against a 12 Ashur multiple MPA deck who will beat you to the Ashur race. Ashur is a fine card but the cheesy bloat decks stole it from the decks that really needed it and could make an interesting use of it.

Ashur on its own is fine. Liquidation on its own is fine. The combo of both is too much bloat. I think the real killer is the ability to use Ashur to retrieve the Liquidation you just played. There are several ways to correct it without hammering the cards:
- Ashur only retrieves Minion cards
- Liquidation is removed from the game once played
Last edit: 04 Aug 2011 15:25 by Boris The Blade.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Aug 2011 15:33 #7337 by Joscha
Replied by Joscha on topic Re: Ashur Tablet killer

But ashur could be balanced just making it to retrieve minion cards (and not also master cards)
Minimal text change for an overall balance reword

Hm, not bad. And it would still be very useful.
I like the idea of removing the Liquidation from the game too.

Baron of Frankfurt

More
04 Aug 2011 15:35 #7338 by Baaliprimogen
I second that. Like both suggestions.

:DAI: :MAL: :STR:

More
04 Aug 2011 19:51 #7351 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Ashur Tablet killer

True, this works fine, until you find yourself against a 12 Ashur multiple MPA deck who will beat you to the Ashur race.

So what? I can be beaten also by a deck playing lots of Wash. The deck you describe may be an ally that will wait to play his Ashurs once you've played yours (it already happen in some games I played). And if you have already 2 Ashurs in play, you may beat the multiple MPA deck.
Anyway, even if you're theorically beaten, that's the game. Just play smartly. I managed more than once to use my Ashur even against a Nana Burruku deck playing Ashur...

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
05 Aug 2011 01:11 #7359 by Adonai
Replied by Adonai on topic Re: Ashur Tablet killer
Ashur Tablet Killer
:event:
While you control a copy of Ashur Tablets, your minions have +1 strength. Each turn you have a mandatory action to have one of your minions enter combat with your prey. This action is at +1 stealth.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cyrus

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds