file Upcomming Bloodlines set, what's needed?

17 Apr 2016 09:15 #76472 by GreyB
So they are adding cards for:
- Blood Brothers
- Gargoyles
- Harbingers of Skulls
- Samedi
- Salubri anitribu

Question, what do you think each or some of the clans need? Just the general outlines.

For example:

Gargoyles:
- More independent non-slave Gargoyles, cut away (!)Tremere link.
- Pool gain/management
- Ousting strategy

:garg: :VIS: :POT: :FOR: :flight: -1 Strength

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Apr 2016 22:31 #76485 by Kimpan
I have played some Blood Brothers and I think they could really use a clan specifik hunting ground something like Code of Samuel like the !Salubris have. The combat decks maybe not need it as much but when you go for a tap n bleed och SB deck they need it. They have good blood gain in some cards but when you have zero blood during you untap none of thous cards will help you. I also think a balanced bleed action would be very nice for them.

Samedi needs some pool damage effect, something like Enticment and or contagion. It would also be fun if there ally concept gets better in some way. They could also need a boost in the combat department, something that could cancel S:CE for an example.

!Salubris could also use a bleed action/modifier. Dont know lorewise but blackhand !Salubris would be very intressting and could make a few new deck types.

:garg: :VIS: :PRE: :for: :flight:
National Coordinator of Sweden

More
17 Apr 2016 23:45 #76486 by ICL
Three clans, arguably four given how little AUS there is among !Salburi, need bleed bounce.

Other than that, I tend towards things I'd like to see rather than just seeing better cards that make clans alike.

Blood Brothers - Some way to interact with votes besides rush or sketchy intercept.

Gargoyles - Non-slave Gargoyles, Tupdog getting banned, Path for non-slave Gargoyles, Pot/For card (which might actually be BB relevant) a way to interact with votes.

Harbingers - Aus/Nec card that does something significant (and yet not, say, Sensory Deprivationish), transfer/crypt acceleration so that you can actually get out all of your uniques in a timely manner, For/Nec that may or may not synergize with Blessed Resilience, something vote relevant, maybe a babymaker though I don't know how much of a thematic fail that might be, how about an ally?

Samedi - Path, no really a Path so that their awful combat cards are less awful, more intercept because GroaningCorpse.dec could use some help, could also come up with a better rush card just to get more play out of Groaning Corpse - rush/intercept!!, a way to interact with votes.

Salubri anti - A reason not to play obnoxious Hide the Heart decks, a way to interact with votes.

More
18 Apr 2016 17:19 - 18 Apr 2016 17:19 #76495 by chrisn101
Re: Samedi, I agree that they need cost reduction cards (Thanatosis and also equipment given their international underground trading reputation). However, after making and testing a path card last year, I found I preferred a tappable Samedi-specific trifle that reduced the blood cost of Thanatosis cards once each turn. Mostly this was due to Samedi having no intercept so the Path got destroyed immediately each time I bought it out. It wasn't as powerful as Fatuus Mastery though, but it wasn't an action to put it in play, either.

Originally it also gave the vampire a blood, but to be honest it would make more sense to give the Samedi another level of Thanatosis if they didn't have it/basic level. That was my finding in my group though - depends on your players!

Re: new cards suggestions, a great way to develop them is to trial the cards in your local playgroup as well. If you haven't heard about it before, VTES.net has a nifty design tool.
Last edit: 18 Apr 2016 17:19 by chrisn101.

More
20 Apr 2016 12:42 #76544 by Barontinel
Agree.
Samedi are also in need of some 6 cap with 3 superior discipline or 7 cap with 4 superior. No fancy text, just some reliable mid cap Vampires.

More
20 Apr 2016 15:09 #76546 by ReverendRevolver
I think all of these clans could be more, but Gargoyles are awful. Samedi are due for support in non-dead hooker bleeding.
!salubri are great walls, needing for little, maybe crypt help. Laibon ones could use help, sort of, sabbat get abbot.
HoS have necromancy, which sucks. If new :FOR: :NEC: comes out, they and the same I can get help. They're all cappadocians.
BB are good, need some pool defense (maybe) but REALLY just could use a trifle rescue another Bob for cheap or free, and standing strength increase.
Gargolyes... Non slave ones I've tried using for ages. Its almost easier to list what they have, but they need:
Standing strength bonus.
Either broken pool defense or easy reduction in cost of rock cat, stone dog, razor bat.
Crypt support (adv of ALL unique slaves as non slaves, actual new faces too)
Bleed help.
These take priority over fluff "free another gargoyle" stuff, because its what they NEED to be a real clan.

So, every clan needs stuff, but gargoyles are the only clan without anything that doesn't suck without tupdog, so everyone else gets different tactics, they need the "I block, I fight" schtick to work at all.

I'll throw in submission stuff where appropriate.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds