file Upcomming Bloodlines set, what's needed?

02 May 2016 19:30 - 02 May 2016 19:32 #76747 by GreyB
Melee weapons should be:
- easier to attain than guns (and cheaper)
- grant close range benefits (A Claymore can cleave a vampire in half, beat that with your silly claws)
- have means to be used with/against IG.

Also, a lot of melee weapons suddenly wouldn't suck if they had a built in concealed weapon effect. I would gladly pay 2 pool for a Bang Nakh if I didn't have to waste an action to equip it. The deck slots that would otherwise go towards [/i]concealed weapon[/i] or stealth cards to get it out, would now go towards maneuvers and other combat cards to make melee more viable in a game.

Now back on topic, we could do something along these lines with our sword wielding friends the !Salubri, it's right down their alley. No need to fix melee weapons across the board just yet in a bloodline expansion.

:garg: :VIS: :POT: :FOR: :flight: -1 Strength
Last edit: 02 May 2016 19:32 by GreyB.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 May 2016 00:38 #76751 by Dorrinal
Quick thought experiment. If melee weapons were as good at sending vampires to torpor as Potence or Animalism, or as valuable as a .44 Magnum, wouldn't the Salubri antitribu still suck?

:trem:

More
21 May 2016 23:32 - 21 May 2016 23:33 #76989 by Klaital
To bring this back on topic from the guns vs melee weapons argument, reposting here my thoughts on what I think each of those bloodlines needs most from the announcement thread.

Blood Brothers I actually think aren't really far off from being good, HttB made their combat options lot more reliable, the main thing I think they suffer with is weak discplines on their vampires, since barring Torrance circle, they don't really have any viable options for FOR or POT based stuff. So maybe some clan specific (or sanguius) cards that lets them more easily and effectively gain superior levels of their in-clan discplines would be good. Another, bit less important thing is that they could use some more blood management cards, although I suppose taste of vitae and unwholesome bond can get the job done. the last issue is that they are seriously lacking in pool defense, although with the addition of Hive Mind, they can usually get somewhat around that with simply not having to spend that much actual pool on their vampires.

Gargoyles are great at blocking stuff and staying alive in general, but are seriously lacking ways to actually get victory points, so some Visceratika or flight cards that help them do pool damage in some way would be the biggest need.

Harbingers have kind of an issue that there isn't really all that much special about them, pretty much anything you can do with harbingers, you can do better with !Ventrue, or Giovanni. So what they would need most is solid clan cards that give you reason to play harbingers over the aforementioned two clans. Necromancy cards wouldn't really help since Giovanni can use those too, although some for/nec or aus/nec dual discpline cards could be nice.

!Salubri is admittingly a bloodline I have not played much at all, though I have played against them a lot, and frankly I think their main issue is sucky crypts, consisting mostly of weenies without much superior discplines. Their clan cards and Valeren cards are very strong, if they would just have solid midrange crypt available, I think they would do just fine. And, from what can see of the half of g6 crypt that was in HttB, the intent was to give them that nice midrange crypt for g6, so once that is filled up, they should be pretty solid.

Samedi have been one of my favorite bloodlines for long time, and are one of the clans that got hurt most by the removal of Lilith's Blessing, Main thing I think they would need is more impactful actions to do, they are great in doing lot of actions reliably with fortitude and obfuscate, but they don't actually have that much good actions to do, so I think that would be good way to go for improving them. Also they could use some more defensive options, since currently their only defensive option is bloating, mostly through villeins/taps and various blood gain actions, which again was seriously weakened by the banning of lilith's blessing.
Last edit: 21 May 2016 23:33 by Klaital.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds