file Card Idea: Recycling Plant

19 Aug 2011 13:04 #8602 by LunaSlave
I think it should be !Brujah as well, since it goes so well themewise with Waste Management Operation, and even Henry Taylor. A certain degree of recycling and library manipulation seems like a !Brujah thing due to these two. The problem, though, was that the first version wasn't actually very interesting at all without a Waste Management Operation or something similar in play.

What about this?

Recyling Plant
Master: Unique Location. !bruj! Brujah Antitribu.
Cost: 2 :pool:
Any Brujah Antitribu you control may take a +1 stealth action to put a counter on this card. Tap and burn a counter from this card during your discard phase to move the bottom card of your library to the top of your library. Tap and burn a counter from this card to discard a card.

So you can recycle cards with WMO *or* get additional discards like a sort of weaker Barrens (not discard phase actions, don't want extra events being played) now, and it costs a bit more, and costs an action to work each time as well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Aug 2011 13:58 #8606 by Mael
Replied by Mael on topic Re: Card Idea: Recycling Plant
Another alternative:

Recycling Plant
Cost: 1 :pool:
Tap when a Brujah Antitribu you control announces an action.
If the action is successful, shuffle one card played by the acting vampire during this action into your deck.

Or if that's a bit too strong:

Recycling Plant
Tap when a Brujah Antitribu you control announces an action.
The acting vampire burns one blood.
If the action is successful, shuffle one card played by the acting vampire during this action into your deck.

More
19 Aug 2011 13:58 - 19 Aug 2011 13:59 #8607 by Ankha

Recycling Plant
Tap during your discard phase to move the bottom card of your library to the top of your library.

I don't find it way over powerful because it happens during the discard phase and you don't put it in your hand directly (though you may discard just after to achieve this effect).

What about:

Recycling Plant
Clan: Brujah Antitribu.
Cardtype: Master
Master: unique Location.
Tap during your discard phase to move the bottom card of your library to the top of your library, then shuffle the top 10 cards of your library.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 19 Aug 2011 13:59 by Ankha.

More
19 Aug 2011 16:49 - 19 Aug 2011 16:50 #8614 by Pascal Bertrand

Try this. Step 1: Not !Bruj only. Step 2: Make it so that other people can use it but also potentially feed you pool. Step 3: Make it uncertain that you will definately gain pool.

Recycling Plant
Master
2 pool
Any minion may take a +1 stealth action to put a counter on this card. When a minion puts a counter on this card, you may put one card from your ashheap into your library and shuffle your library. During your untap phase, you may move a counter from this card to your pool. Any vampire may take a (D) action to move a counter from this card to their controller's pool.

I don't think that would see play. One card back to library is not too strong. I wouldn't want to make effect stronger b/c graveyard recursion should be IMO very limited. That's why I prefer clan requirement.

Just 1 copy of that, and the Legacy of Pander deck gets to play Con Boon forever when no cards are left in the library.
Last edit: 19 Aug 2011 16:50 by Pascal Bertrand.

More
21 Aug 2011 07:19 #8711 by Ankha

Try this. Step 1: Not !Bruj only.

Card recursion for everyone leads to Ashur-like endless complaints. Sticking with !Brujah seems way better, game- and background-speaking.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
21 Aug 2011 07:53 #8715 by Juggernaut1981
What in particular leads you to believe that !Brujah are especially deserving of card recycling tech? They already have Waste Management Ops. They can already customise their late-game library.

So I don't really see why they should have the ability to customise their hand now and hand later?

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.124 seconds