file 2012 Storyline Progress Update

25 Jan 2012 06:55 #21680 by echiang
Hello folks.

In an effort to improve communications, I have created a webpage to update you regarding a lot of the work I have been doing in preparation for the upcoming 2012 storyline events and what still needs to be done. You can read about it here:

vekn.net/index.php/storyline-events/2012-storyline-progress-update

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. I intend to update that page regularly.

pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jan 2012 07:38 #21801 by Azazel
Why do you have a one-shot storyline available only to players at NAC and not all over the world?

More
27 Jan 2012 08:40 #21809 by echiang

Why do you have a one-shot storyline available only to players at NAC and not all over the world?

Hello there!

As mentioned here:

vekn.net/index.php/forum/5-generic-vtes-discussion/19501-next-storyline-event

Any Continental Championship can also have a unique one-shot storyline if the championship organizer is interested. I can help with designing and planning the event. But I would need someone to commit to running the event (because it is highly likely I would not be able to be there in person to run it, unless someone is willing to spring for a ticket).

I have not received any queries at all from the European, South American, Australian, or Asian Championship organizers so that's why *currently* there is only an event for the NAC.

If you want a unique one-shot storyline at your Continental Championship, then encourage the event organizers to request one. And help find someone willing to run it! :)

pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
27 Jan 2012 08:47 #21814 by Juggernaut1981
Eric,
I think the idea was also "Why isn't there the option to run the NAC Storyline other places as well, say AFTER, the NAC?"

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
27 Jan 2012 08:54 #21815 by Azazel

Eric,
I think the idea was also "Why isn't there the option to run the NAC Storyline other places as well, say AFTER, the NAC?"

Yes, that is a question.
Thanks Juggernaut. :)

More
27 Jan 2012 10:09 #21819 by echiang

Eric,

Do you mean "run it for fun" or "run it and factor in all the results?"

If it's the former, then that's definitely no problem. The rules will be publicly available along with any PDF resources. So you could have fun with it on one of your casual game nights.

In the latter case, part of it is to make the Continental Championships a little bit more special. If it was simply something that everyone could run and we would tabulate all those results, it would essentially be just another Constructed storyline then. Plus one-shot storylines are an opportunity where a single person can make a difference. In global level storyline events, your one tournament is just one of many and oftentimes there's only so much you can do. With a one-shot event, you can make a more noticeable difference. Plus, with a clearcut winner, it makes book-keeping a whole lot easier!

If you look at other storyline CCG's like L5R, you see that they have a mix of events where a single tournament determines a result, and larger mega-games where the cumulative efforts of players together determine the results.

I hope that answers your question. Please let me know if it doesn't, or if you have other questions.

pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juggernaut1981

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds