file 2012 Storyline Progress Update

27 Jan 2012 22:11 #21867 by Juggernaut1981
"If you build it, they will come...."
If you guys want in, then spend the effort to work with Eric to get one. Nobody is going to stop you, and from a distance, I'd encourage you to do it.

I'm tempted to suggest that as an event at the Oceania Continentals (former Australian Nats) they have a Storyline for those who don't qualify at the LCQ to do on the Sunday. I think it would be good, and it gives the others a reason to speculate their hard earned beans on a $250+ plane ticket and maybe $200 per night accomodation.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jan 2012 14:54 #21925 by Lönkka

When has "size of a Continental Championship" ever mattered for anything, ever? Why even bring it up now?

Dunno, might be bacause of the relevance...

Just seems strange that major poltpoints are decided by a tournament of very small number of players. I find that the worldwide storylines evenst were more fair as basically everyone who wanted to give it a go could.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
28 Jan 2012 15:29 #21927 by echiang

Just seems strange that major poltpoints are decided by a tournament of very small number of players. I find that the worldwide storylines evenst were more fair as basically everyone who wanted to give it a go could.

Fortunately for you, no major plotpoints will be decided. As I posted in my prior response to you:

The major plot point will be determined by the Constructed storyline.
The secondary plot point will be determined by the Limited storyline.
The NAC event will only affect a relatively minor plot point.

So the NAC storyline will only affect a relatively minor plot point. Nothing major.

pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes
The following user(s) said Thank You: KevinM

More
28 Jan 2012 15:33 #21930 by Adonai

laugho at storylines affecting "the whole game"

Storylines have affected the whole game.
See also:
Lilith's Blessing

It wasn't the result of a storyline though, it was the setup....

More
29 Jan 2012 20:53 #22031 by ReverendRevolver
Adonai, u just made me laugh and fall of the stool i'm sitting on. then frown because its painfully true.

so the problem is: almost-storylines have affected the whole game.

those tricky bahari...........

more relevant, each continental having its own unique storyline event would be awesome, if the coordinators could pull it off.

as for NAC attendance, (Kevin can correct me if i'm wrong) i'm fairly sure we've gotten more than that to show up at Origins last year and the grand masquerade before that. but theres still just one winner at any tournament, so it works just fine for a storyline event.

More
30 Jan 2012 06:12 #22044 by Azazel

This is largely modeled after the Black Miracles and Lies storyline (NAC 2008), Friday the 13th storyline (EC 2009), and the various storylines that L5R has run over the past 17 years.

I don't recall hearing many concerns about the NAC 2008 or EC 2009 storylines (the one that I saw was Frederick Scott concerned about the availability of the Kaymakli Fragment promo).

There actually was a lot of complains about those storylines, but not that good place to speak them out loud.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds