question-circle Possible Unsportsmanlike Conduct?

09 Jun 2012 14:49 #31922 by Wedge
Even the KS bleed cross table may not have been a bad play. Since we don't know the table state at the time, the stealth package in the library, or "A"'s hand at the pertinent moment. Facing Torrey guns "A" may have found his stealth package lacking and bled cross table to cycle out some non-stealth cards. Eric gave him the perfect justification by proposing the diablere.

I would say "A"'s misplay was SRing the Villien, instead of holding it for the week of nightmares that he knows is coming at one point, thou he could have been running 8 SR in the the deck.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jun 2012 22:02 #31933 by Haze
woah! accusing a player of unsportsmanlike conduct is now a "direct personal attack"? i.e. unsportsmanlike conduct itself?

no wonder Eric didn't bring it up to a judge! he would've been disqualified from the tournament or even banned from the VEKN!

I'm going to be unsportsmanlike in all tournaments from now on, knowing that nobody can safely call me out on it without getting punished themselves. and if the judge tries to do anything, well that's personally attacking me also. this should start a chain reaction of getting every VTES player in the world banned. remember, you can't accuse me!

More
09 Jun 2012 22:37 #31934 by Robert Scythe
WTF is this crap? The OP clearly asked a question "Possible Unsportsmanlike Conduct?". He is not personally attacking anybody, he is simply throwing up a query as to if this is such. Is it? I don't think so, but what is all this fucking flak he is getting for trying to find out if this fits the description? Step away and look at it objectively. He did not call a judge because it didn't seem like the right thing to do (good decision), but he wondered afterward if there was a reason to have done so. If this isn't the forum to inquire about such a situation I don't know what is.

More
09 Jun 2012 22:53 #31935 by KevinM
Just to be clear, the OP's statement was:

"So would you consider this bad play? Unsportsmanlike conduct? Something else?"

He includes a bunch of personal feelings and hidden-from-the-grandpredator information in his OP, all of which is useless to us as outside observers in answering his question, a question which was loaded from the start with highly-negative response options.

Compare and contrast this with questions asked in the Rules Forum and you'll see why some people are having difficulty accepting that the OP's question was asked in a genuine, innocent manner.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
09 Jun 2012 22:56 #31936 by KevinM

woah! accusing a player of unsportsmanlike conduct is now a "direct personal attack"? i.e. unsportsmanlike conduct itself?

Accusing a player of Unsportsmanlike Conduct is, by definition, a direct, personal accusation (not attack).

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
10 Jun 2012 00:31 - 10 Jun 2012 14:21 #31940 by Robert Scythe

Just to be clear, the OP's statement was:

"So would you consider this bad play? Unsportsmanlike conduct? Something else?"

He includes a bunch of personal feelings and hidden-from-the-grandpredator information in his OP, all of which is useless to us as outside observers in answering his question, a question which was loaded from the start with highly-negative response options.

His quoted questions do not convey to me, an outside observer, these summations that you have arrived upon. And you have also brought into the picture very thinly veiled semantics with your distinctions between attacks and accusations. Most accusations against me feel like attacks. If you are truly being objective then why antagonize with Political Correctness ideals thrown into the subject when the opinions have clearly been stated. I do not believe that anybody here is trying to be an asshole, the leeway for communication should easily be interpreted by any competent judge, arbitrator, or interested party for this discussion to continue.
Last edit: 10 Jun 2012 14:21 by Robert Scythe.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds