question-circle Possible Unsportsmanlike Conduct?

10 Jun 2012 04:21 #31945 by Haze
You're all banned.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jun 2012 05:06 - 10 Jun 2012 05:06 #31946 by Ohlmann

Compare and contrast this with questions asked in the Rules Forum and you'll see why some people are having difficulty accepting that the OP's question was asked in a genuine, innocent manner.

Just to state the obvious, I would also say that the people that have difficulty accepting the genuinity of the request are also people in good portion people who have feel betrayed by an olf story about set creation.

(which regardless of personal stance on the aforementioned problem seem reasonable, since if you feel betrayed by someone, you will expect more bad behavior)
Last edit: 10 Jun 2012 05:06 by Ohlmann.

More
10 Jun 2012 05:45 #31947 by Joscha
I'm really baffled about the road this thread gone.

In my opinion it is perfectly okay to ask the forum-members about their impressions about a behaviour from another (not named) player. As you can see there are different POVs and all are very interesting (for me at least). So thank you to the OP for bringing up the question, thank you forum-members for the interesting opinions about that matter. I'd be glad if we could stop the accusations here. I want to have the trust in this community to get advice on problems even if I'm wrong without seen as a *whatever*.

Baron of Frankfurt

More
10 Jun 2012 05:51 #31948 by johannes
I think the thread name should have been "Possible Violation of Play-To-Win" rule and not "Possible Unsportsmanlike Conduct". This would have allowed to focus on the core question and not created this kind of secondary discussion about "personal attacks".

From my point of view, with the limited amount of information on the game that can be gathered here, yes this is a *potential* case of "not play to win". I would advise you for all similiar future situations to call the judge on site and have him verify the play to win strategy of the player in question.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amenophobis

More
10 Jun 2012 14:57 #31960 by Robert Scythe

As an afterthought: it happens that players enter a tournament in various states of drunkenness. (I had the misfortune of experiencing such thing on one of my tables at an EC once.) If A was having trouble concentrating or getting has facts straight, I'd call that also unsportsmanlike conduct - if you sit down with other players to play VTES, you should be able to do so to the best of your abilities. Being drunk (or having a serious hangover) makes the game skewed and unfun for others. Judges are normally ejecting such players at top-notch events.

Dammit, I would never win a tournament then!

More
10 Jun 2012 17:22 - 10 Jun 2012 17:23 #31965 by Amenophobis

As an afterthought: it happens that players enter a tournament in various states of drunkenness. (I had the misfortune of experiencing such thing on one of my tables at an EC once.) If A was having trouble concentrating or getting has facts straight, I'd call that also unsportsmanlike conduct - if you sit down with other players to play VTES, you should be able to do so to the best of your abilities. Being drunk (or having a serious hangover) makes the game skewed and unfun for others. Judges are normally ejecting such players at top-notch events.

Dammit, I would never win a tournament then!

No, really, in one of my rounds at the EC in Warsaw we had a drunk player who was not able to take his turn in a normal, timely fashion. We had to have him ejected from the table to be able to play the game.
If a player is unable to play, he should not sit down to take part of the game. It's totally unfair for the other players.

Well, nobody has anything against a beer or two. But where do you draw the line? After how many vodkas are you no longer able to play the game?
Last edit: 10 Jun 2012 17:23 by Amenophobis.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds