question-circle Possible Unsportsmanlike Conduct?

13 Jun 2012 12:49 #32099 by Amenophobis

Also, I want to emphasize that I think there is a major difference between words and actions.

With all due respect, what you think is irrelevant in that situation. It is what your granpredator thinks that matters. The other players do not base their own play on your hidden intentions but on your public behaviour.

There is all sorts of trash-talking going on in any given VTES games. I wouldn't take everything at face value. :whistle:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jun 2012 18:23 #32108 by Robba Yaga
Eric,

I saw some questionable play a couple years ago at Origins. I was not personally involved in any of these games and so I did not call a judge as a spectator, but I posted about three specific situations that I think the players involved should have called a judge.

groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/browse_thread/thread/35a07ac193c92969/9fe91d0617751b5b?lnk=gst&q=dudock#9fe91d0617751b5b

The point of my post then (and still is) if you think someone is not "playing to win" then you call a judge. Almost every serious competitor, at one point or another, has let their emotions get the best of them during a V:TES game and so calling in a judge is always the better choice. Hopefully the judge will evaluate impartially, maybe even asking the player in question privately what their plan is overall. Regardless, the judge rules, the question is solved then and everyone can move on.

My answer to your original question is simply this, FROM YOUR PERSPECTIVE (as given by your description), Player A's actions warranted you calling over a judge to get the matter settled.

As always, I hope everyone who has read this post gets a better understanding of "playing to win," how one's actions may be misinterpreted by others and most of all ... to call in a judge, that is why they are there: to help.
The following user(s) said Thank You: acbishop

More
23 Jun 2012 13:29 #32417 by edminister
I would like to offer some insight on Kindred Spirits decks in general. This card is the epitome of dementation because it does break the normal predator/prey relationship allowing one who can see the inevitable to prepare for the future. The card can be played badly such as with spite bleeding but it can also be played very effectively to help balance a table as well. The situation here sounds like a case of spite bleeding but at the same time we simply don't know what the player had in his hand.

Kindred Spirits on a Grand Prey is a tactic I firmly believe in. A lot of times a deck will overpower another player, (the prey) and it allows the grand prey to act freely, build up a good defense and pretty much stop the aggressive grand predator in his tracks.

For example, say I brainwash a vampire of my prey's with 6 blood on it, then manage to draw into a Pentex Subversion, Lunatic Eruption or heaven forbid a Sensory Deprivation. Without aid from across the table my prey's game is wrecked more often than not. This simple denial combo will guarantee a few of my Kindred Spirits are headed toward my Grand Prey because my prey is tied up neatly and can be defeated at a more leisurely pace.

If you have ever seen a KRC aimed 3 to prey, 1 to grand prey, this is pretty much the same tactic.

Regardless, based on what the guy was running I just don't think he understands how to play vampires that follow the Path of Salmon.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds