file PKC seeks to attack the V:EKN

01 Oct 2012 04:54 - 01 Oct 2012 04:55 #38101 by Ankha
What saddens me the most is that the game is probably dying, and there are still people tearing the corpse apart.
The claim of PCK is so childish and stupid I lost all sympathies for them. Good work gentlemen!

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 01 Oct 2012 04:55 by Ankha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Barontinel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Oct 2012 04:59 - 01 Oct 2012 05:00 #38103 by Erol
Mother of god, may the one above have mercy with your soul. Its clear for me now Eric, after reading your post, you are absolutely bonkers. Maybe you should consider therapist consultation.

:laso: :camarilla: :POT: :DOM: :DEM: :PRE: :cap8: - Prince of Karlsruhe, Germany
Last edit: 01 Oct 2012 05:00 by Erol.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ashur

More
01 Oct 2012 05:49 #38107 by Lemminkäinen
I think that one of the main parts of confusion here is what exactly are "original ideas" when it comes to card designs and that is something that PCK has yet to clarify even though they claimed copyright over their cards. Please, which parts of the design do you claim copyright over?

Essentially, you don't want VEKN to use your designs but what does that mean?

Do the names of the vampires fall under your copyright? Do their special abilities? If a vampire with a name from the canon has a sorta generic ability like +1 Bleed, do you wish to protect that part of design? What about discipline spreads? And if you do wish to protect them, how much should they change to not be in violation of your copyright?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Squidalot, Ashur, TryDeflectingThisGrapple

More
01 Oct 2012 07:04 #38119 by wesile
Well, I was a bit on the middle ground regarding this matter.

I thought that the whole copyright stuff was just a rant by PCK and not really an issue. Most of the cards where not that great, and really I was counting on them to be added to a "the fan base pool of cards for later use"... like the suggestions that lie on the other thread. I have posted some card ideas myself, and my ideas are free to be used by the community, to be reaped, changed or discarded.

But now PCK decided to add insult to injury, and my position shifted. At this point PCK is not making some personal attack, but making a really bad move against the whole community.

IMHO just kick them out of the forum, ignore the cards made by them, and move on.

By the way, just google this guy to see what this kind of persons can do to the community: "Dino M. Zaffina"

More
01 Oct 2012 07:10 #38121 by PetriWessman
What for holy fuck is this crap?

I expect tantrums like this from my 1.5yr old daughter. From supposedly adult people, it's pathetic.

"A cease and desist is not an attack"... please. When you bring in the lawyers, you have declared war. And, once you do that, you are expected to outline specific claims, not vague handwaving about stuff you supposedly own (disputed by pretty much everyone else).

Will we get specific claims? I doubt it, since these guys seem a bit confused on the issue as well. They just want to harass the VEKN, since their feelings were hurt.

As this point, it seems clear to me that Eric is both a douchebag and maybe also a cuckoo or two short of a full clock. Any sympathies I may have had vanished along with his earlier bitching on these forums months and months ago, this latest dick move just reinforces what we knew.

So ego is more important than the future of the game, or cash (in lawyer fees)? For some people, yes.

The sad thing about all this is that their card designs were mostly total crap, by all accounts. There's a reason they were dumped by the playtesters.

After putting a lot of personal effort into keeping the game alive, it disgusts me to see these jokers pull off crap like this, especially on such flimsy premises. We really don't need this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jhattara, Lönkka, Squidalot, Stefan, Ashur, self biased, Daidalos, Ke., Ohlmann

More
01 Oct 2012 07:32 #38124 by Ankha
ADMIN MODE ON
Please avoid any personal attack, especially insults. I know the debate is hot, it's not a reason not to act like gentlemen. Thanks.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: jhattara, dude_PL, Jeff Kuta, Erol

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds