file PKC seeks to attack the V:EKN

01 Oct 2012 07:58 #38127 by PetriWessman
Fair enough.

Well, at this point, at least the lawyers will force Eric and the gang to finally either get specific with their claims, or shut up and go away.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Oct 2012 09:11 #38133 by empusa
I started playing VTES almost a year ago, it's one of the most atmospheric games that I've ever played and I'm looking forward to new set by VEKN. However, I'm very disappointed by this "inner cirle war." I think the main reason of that is that both sides really care about the game to that end that it's being totally contra-productive. By this speed I think it will take another year to finish the expansion (with only 36 cards). I suggest to take a look at Star Trek Continuing Committee dedicated to Star Trek CCG. It seems that they have a plenty of experience in releasing the fan-made expansions. The link is: www.trekcc.org/

Maybe it'll be good idea to involve someone "outside" the community to take a fresh look on the game. I also suggest to prepade pdf with all the staple cards for beginning players to download and print. Maybe full starters of cards in Pdf.

More
01 Oct 2012 09:12 #38134 by Joscha

The sad thing about all this is that their card designs were mostly total crap, by all accounts. There's a reason they were dumped by the playtesters.

I like Taking Out the Cornerstone and Mustering the Forces and was sad that we couldn't keep the two cards for playtesting because of that stupid struggle. *sigh*

Baron of Frankfurt

More
01 Oct 2012 10:20 #38142 by Ohlmann

I like Taking Out the Cornerstone and Mustering the Forces and was sad that we couldn't keep the two cards for playtesting because of that stupid struggle. *sigh*

The thing that make me truly sigh is the fact that, despite this, PCK still act like the VEKN didn't do anything.

More
01 Oct 2012 12:13 #38151 by Juggernaut1981

If our cards are so “crappy” (as many posters here are convinced) and the V:EKN has no intention of using our “original ideas” (as Johannes has stressed repeatedly), then why does the V:EKN keep making this a big deal as well? Why not just leave us in “the tiny, dark universe of unreality where [we] live,” to quote Kevin Mergen.

If there has been no overlap between the PCK Guardians of the Faith set and the V:EKN Danse Macabre set since April 2012, the point is moot. As I see it, the Design Team and Inner Circle let this situation devolve through 5 months of inactivity. What are we supposed to make of Gines’, Johannes’, and Robert's most recent attempts to lay claim over what we consider to be our work? The fact that they are fighting so hard for what many consider insignificant, makes us increasingly wary.

So just to confirm a few facts here...

1) PCK sent a Cease and Desist Letter without evidence of any breach of their copyright? (Since your last paragraph here does begin with "If...")

2) Why does PCK think they will be left alone when they send things like Cease and Desist letters to the VEKN?

3) Why does PCK not listen to the criticism provided by the community?

4) Why have you not yet outlined what IS your original ideas? If they are your's then you should be able to conclusively provide a non-null set which the VEKN could use to compare to their cards and ensure that there is no possible overlap with your non-null set of ideas.

5) Would PCK send Cease and Desist letters to any individual who has created cards with similar names or themes to those created by PCK? Should I lawyer-up now in fear of a C&D being sent to me from the US to arrive at 2am local time?

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pendargon

More
01 Oct 2012 13:36 #38155 by self biased

1) PCK sent a Cease and Desist Letter

question: why did PCK send the C&D and not their attorney?

Better question: why is PCK discussing their case in a public forum like this?

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds