file Let's Talk Rapid Thought!

03 May 2011 08:45 #4050 by Juggernaut1981
The major things that slow down games are:

- Bloating excessively
- Having to make cross-table vote deals
- General Cross-table interactions (like cross-table rescues).

So by removing Villein, Minion Tap, Blood & Vessel the major bloat-only cards are gone. Speeding up games, but also ensuring that people play a different set of tactics.

By removing the cross-table interactions, it means that voting decks won't have to worry so much with negotiating votes cross table, it means that combat decks don't have to worry about their prey being propped up by a cross-table who can spare the actions...

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 May 2011 08:59 - 03 May 2011 09:01 #4051 by KevinM

Definition is clear: a rapid format tournament game.

With three-player tables. You keep removing that point, and your removal of that point and attempted redefinition of the format keeps making it so that I have to reply to correct your untruths.

Otherwise if the purpose is just allowing 3 players to play at table, let's call it "three way" or something different like that.

No, YOU should call YOUR new format something other than by a name which is already taken by a well-established format that everyone knows means 3-player tables. Seriously, this format has been played at three conventions and is almost 10 years old. Leave it alone. Please.

To be straight: actually if that was made just for 3 players doesn't matter for the actual discussion, and the objection of disrupting the typical cross-table aspect (with 3 players) of vtes has been already made.

It matters because you are calling your new format by a name which is already taken by a format that everyone knows means 3-player tables. You're creating confusion and disharmony when someone is asking you not to. Why would you do such a thing?

More, having to be always in 3 multipliers number (for a playgroup or for a would be tournament) can be problematic.

You are absolutely correct in that regard. It's a failing of the format, which is why it'll likely never become a rated format.

Point for me is: can be such rapid format be adopted/adapted (also) for a 4-5 table? I think yes and personally i'll test that in my playgroup

I think that's an awesome idea on your part. Just don't call it Rapid Thought. :) Give it your own name and don't attempt to spread misinformation about a well-established, well-played, 10-year-old format. Please.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017
Last edit: 03 May 2011 09:01 by KevinM.

More
03 May 2011 09:11 #4052 by er-principe

Point for me is: can be such rapid format be adopted/adapted (also) for a 4-5 table? I think yes and personally i'll test that in my playgroup

I think that's an awesome idea on your part. Just don't call it Rapid Thought. :) Give it your own name and don't attempt to spread misinformation about a well-established, well-played, 10-year-old format. Please.

I'm not misinforming anything, sorry for you, and you seems
deliberately and uselessly pendatric on this.
Unless there's some intellectual property copyrighted involved
for a tournament format definition, and as long as credits of the original
idea of the format are provided (which i will care of)
everyone is free to share ideas, would be format names or whatever
we can freely use for the sake of the game.

Emiliano
vekn.net administrators staff

More
03 May 2011 09:23 - 03 May 2011 09:24 #4053 by KevinM

I'm not misinforming anything, sorry for you, and you seem deliberately and uselessly pendatric on this.

That's because I know the format was created specifically as a 3-player format and you don't. Even though people are telling you that it was created as a 3-player format, you don't believe them. Feel free to ask LSJ if he specifically created the Rapid Thought format as a 3-player format and get back to us on his reply.

Unless there's some intellectual property copyrighted involved for a tournament format definition, and as long as credits of the original idea of the format are provided (which i will care of) everyone is free to share ideas, would be format names or whatever we can freely use for the sake of the game.

So someone spending the time that I've spent asking you multiple times in multiple ways to NOT do such a thing, and suggesting that you instead create your own fun format with its own name and its own place in the VTES world, you're just going to steal the name anyway, no matter what anyone says, creating confusion and disharmony along the way? That says a great deal about you and how much you value the opinions of others.

I guess there's nothing left to say, so steal away.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017
Last edit: 03 May 2011 09:24 by KevinM.

More
03 May 2011 09:44 #4054 by Pascal Bertrand
Hey Kev!
I never tried that format.
Is it 3 rounds, no finals?
Can you get GWs ?
Your TP matrix is missing a result (1-0.5-0)

More
03 May 2011 09:55 #4055 by Juggernaut1981
Excluding time-outs (which this format is specifically aiming to avoid) there will always be a GW so long as one player is ousted (0.5 v 0.5 v 0.5, 1.5 v 0.5, 2 v 1, 3 v 0 are the VP splits).

It is as many rounds as you'd want to play, since each round if 45min instead of 2h. I'd be suggesting you could run 5R + F.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds