file Let's Talk Rapid Thought!

03 May 2011 11:32 #4075 by KevinM

I'm not convinced, still, that there need to be different deck construction rules for this format (at some point, Kevin was using a "you only need 6 vampires in your crypt" rule. I mean, it is helpful if you want to use it, but it also is a stumbling block for folks to jump in on the fly.

The way the rules are written, it isn't a stumbling block except to players who wish to be running only decks that are hyper-tuned to the format. Any player can play any constructed tournament deck with any legal crypt and library size they wish with nearly zero difficulty.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 May 2011 11:33 #4076 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: Let's Talk Rapid Thought!

You accused me of misinforming, which is ridiculous and really out of the scope of a polite and respectful discussion.

I have been polite and respectful with you this entire thread, Emiliano.

I disagree. Accusing people like you do is not polite.

HOWEVER, I apologize if someone think I was off-topic in my post. I want to explore possibilities for faster VTES formats, not *destroying* anything for anyone.

Just keep calm and quit getting so upset all the time, it´s ridiculous.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
03 May 2011 11:33 - 03 May 2011 11:51 #4077 by KevinM

Ok, I'll ask Scott on BGG (no stars involved ;))

Hahaa I just found him on GMail chat and he confirmed that you are correct. So no need to ask.

I'll get to work on those other tables. ;)

Last edit: 03 May 2011 11:51 by KevinM.

More
03 May 2011 11:51 #4078 by KevinM

You accused me of misinforming, which is ridiculous and really out of the scope of a polite and respectful discussion.

I have been polite and respectful with you this entire thread, Emiliano.

I disagree. Accusing people like you do is not polite.

I didn't accuse anyone of anything. I stated the facts using properly defined words, said what I believed the effect would be, and gave proof as to why I thought those were what the effects would be.

Saying to someone "If you do X then I believe Y will be the result" is not an accusation. It's discussion and postulation. Saying to someone "You did X and Y resulted!", whether Y happened or not, that is an accusation.

I'm sorry that you and Emiliano misunderstood and didn't like the words that I used, and I agree that we should get back to talking about the format and its usefulness and limitations. :)

More
03 May 2011 11:51 #4079 by bakija

The way the rules are written, it isn't a stumbling block except to players who wish to be running only decks that are hyper-tuned to the format. Any player can play any constructed tournament deck with any legal crypt and library size they wish with nearly zero difficulty.

There were also, IIRC, banned cards (pool gain masters, etc.) that also provided a problem when porting regular decks to rapid thought. Nothing huge, but something that someone who was not super inclined would say "Huh. I don't have a deck made..."

More
03 May 2011 12:04 #4080 by KevinM

There were also, IIRC, banned cards (pool gain masters, etc.) that also provided a problem when porting regular decks to rapid thought. Nothing huge, but something that someone who was not super inclined would say "Huh. I don't have a deck made..."

Right, but we made that burn option rule on the spot for those cards, remember? I think we even used GWs because I was getting on your case about it and you didn't really care. ;)
members.cox.net/kjm1971/RapidThoughtRevised.txt

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds