lightbulb Library card redesign

22 Sep 2016 15:51 #78501 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Library card redesign

EDIT : on a totally different matter, please forgive my patriotism but could we take advantage of the opportunity provided by this redesign to finally correct a typo ? The proper name for this card should be "Sacré-Cœur Cathedral, France". B)

That would be up to our (*ahem* very French) Rules Team. ;) While the official rules and text of cards are in American English, I'm strongly in favor of adhering to spelling proper names in their native tongues. Well, provided the native tongues use Latin characters.

When designing new cards, the Design Team has requested and welcomed such spelling corrections from our playtesters. We also do our best to determine the correct spelling when we initially design the cards, including reaching out to native speakers.

The name has been fixed a long time ago in the revised CSV, but for some reason Ke's generator doesn't use it.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Sep 2016 22:40 - 23 Sep 2016 00:01 #78502 by Ke.
Replied by Ke. on topic Library card redesign

In my opinion they are just error waiting to be corrected. (No more relevant than Polaris Coach where "Haven" has been forgotten from the black box.).

Correct; these are just bugs left over from previously having cost X / blood pool in text. This is exactly the reason I added the feedback button to cards. But here works better for such wide impacting issues (as opposed to issues with individual cards).

I've corrected them and the cards are currently being regenerated and published.

Main changes made:

1. All card names now use the latest text
2. More weight is given to white box
3. Equipment keyword left in place
4. Blood and pool cost now in fixed location outside of text (this was also a remnant of having cost in text)

This affected about 1000 cards or so; will take about an hour for the changes to hit the site, Will ping through a message here once done. Here are a few previews:

Last edit: 23 Sep 2016 00:01 by Ke.. Reason: Images

More
22 Sep 2016 22:46 - 22 Sep 2016 22:48 #78503 by 666Raziel
Replied by 666Raziel on topic Library card redesign
:AUS: There is a typo in Gregory Winter name located in its card-text. 1st word is "Gregoy".

Also, thank you very much for the Sacré-Coeur ! :kiss:
Last edit: 22 Sep 2016 22:48 by 666Raziel.

More
22 Sep 2016 22:52 #78504 by Ke.

:AUS: There is a typo in Gregory Winter name located in its card-text. 1st word is "Gregoy".

Fixed; that error is in the source CSV — so that's one to fix Ankha.

More
22 Sep 2016 23:12 - 22 Sep 2016 23:14 #78505 by 666Raziel
Replied by 666Raziel on topic Library card redesign
Question : why did you remove the "+1 :cap: " icon from cards that gives capacity ?

Also in parallel to the correction of cards, could we make some tries about a new representation for the stat of allies and retainers ?
Even if we don't opt for a full icon system, I think that life could still be represented with a :life: .

Would it be possible to show us Carlton with only "Unique mortal with 0 strength, 0 bleed" in its black box and a :life2: at the right bottom of the card.
The same thing could be done for retainer, though it will create a problem for Camarilla Vitae Slave...
Last edit: 22 Sep 2016 23:14 by 666Raziel.

More
22 Sep 2016 23:16 - 23 Sep 2016 00:03 #78506 by Ke.

The same thing keeps coming up with the black text box: a box is empty because there's no text for it, so something is contrived to fill it.

This is not the case — it's there to convey important information. Previously cost was added in text to help new players but this has since been removed. There are numerous cards without the black box:

Typically the black box contains "Requires x." or "Only usable by x". When it's a master card or equipment certain keywords are place in there, ie., "Trifle", "Archetype", "Weapon: gun".

And when it's an Ally it has the Ally type and stats — this was based on a lot of feedback I and think it works really well in this scenario (even if not a prerequisite, it's important information). Initially I wasn't convinced about ally stats being placed there — but I was won over with good reason:

Last edit: 23 Sep 2016 00:03 by Ke.. Reason: Typos

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds