lightbulb Library card redesign

21 Sep 2016 01:13 #78456 by Ke.
Replied by Ke. on topic Library card redesign
Here is the new library design printed and compared to existing cards:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Sep 2016 01:14 #78457 by Ke.

More
21 Sep 2016 01:14 - 22 Sep 2016 02:13 #78458 by Ke.
Last edit: 22 Sep 2016 02:13 by Ke.. Reason: Now live!
The following user(s) said Thank You: brettscho, Desso Alastor

More
22 Sep 2016 07:54 #78473 by BenPeal
Replied by BenPeal on topic Library card redesign
Attachments:

More
22 Sep 2016 08:37 - 22 Sep 2016 09:33 #78475 by BenPeal
Replied by BenPeal on topic Library card redesign

Non-unique, no cost (upper left): There is no text for the black box, so the black box is eliminated.

Non-unique, cost (bottom left): There is no text for the black box, but it is created anyway and filled with redundant text.

Unique, no cost (upper right): There is text for the black box (Unique), so the black box is created and filled with the text.

Unique, cost (bottom right): There is text for the black box (Unique), so the black box is created and filled with the text. The redundant text is not used.

There is also a sizing issue with the black box. The cards on the bottom both have a cost and one line of text for the black box, but the size of the black box is different. This is probably caused by the rules for the size of the white box.

The intent behind the black box - clarity and distinction - is very good. I also agree that when properly sized, it looks nice. However, its implementation keeps causing problems.

Perhaps the cost symbol should be moved away from the text box? That way there would be consistency of not creating the text box for no-unique-text, no-cost cards. It would also allow the black box text to be consistently aligned to the left with the white box text.

EDIT: However, this still wouldn't resolve the issue of allies with no white box text, such as The Knights and Loyal Street Gang. Eliminate the black box and use standard bolding and this issue goes away.
Attachments:
Last edit: 22 Sep 2016 09:33 by BenPeal.

More
22 Sep 2016 09:36 #78477 by 666Raziel
Replied by 666Raziel on topic Library card redesign

The intent behind the black box - clarity and distinction - is very good. I also agree that when properly sized, it looks nice. However, its implementation keeps causing problems.

I think those examples verged on individual mistake more than being a global problem.

Like I said about Imbued cards, there are still many errors on those cards. (Last one spotted : Ghouled Street Thug that lacks the Pander requirement.)
For me the "cost X" on black box is a remains of the first tries that has not been totally suppressed.

As for the cards without text, well there is always flavor text...

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds